The Nightmare Before Christmas Film Review

 


We are now just a few short days away from Halloween and well then there's only one film that I could think of to review tonight. Since this is a film that could be viewed during both Halloween and Christmas since it does take place during both of those respective holidays and so then join me as I review the film that should be a must watch for this time of the year with the film in question being called simply just "The Nightmare Before Christmas" enjoy.

The plot of the film when he becomes bored of making Halloween happen every year Jack Skellington finds himself visiting Christmas Town and decides to take  on the challenge of making Christmas happen instead. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with this films plot being very inventive and indeed very creative in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Starring in this film is Chris Sarandon as Jack Skellington , Catherine O'Hara as Sally and Shock and William Hickey as Doctor Finkelstein. Also starring in this film is this films composer Danny Elfman as The Singing Voice Of Jack Skellington , Glenn Shadix as The Mayor Of Halloween Town , Ken Page as Oogie Boogie , Ed Ivory as Santa Claus and as This Films Narrator , Paul Reubens as Lock and Frank Welker as Zero.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good.  With all of this films voice cast turning in good performances in this film so much so that I really cannot imagine anybody playing these really iconic characters in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Very sadly I cannot find out who did the animation for this which is such a shame because of what i'm about to say next. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual animation that's actually animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with this films animation being one of the best things about this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Just like with Die Hards 1 and 2 this film is not only a Halloween movie but is also a movie that could be viewed during the Christmas holidays. Which means that if your like me and you don't like traditional Christmas movies then you could technically put this movie on and count it as a Christmas movie which is something that I really like since alternative Christmas movies are usually alot of fun to watch in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I'm not going to lie and say that this film is perfect because it's not since I really didn't like the fact that all of the characters felt really underdeveloped. Which is mostly due to the films incredibly short running time but it is still a really big issue that's made even bigger when you realise that the entire films rests on the relationship between Jack and Sally and that relationship also isn't fully developed and so instead of coming of as lover interests they instead come of as friends and nothing more then that in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This film is of course a musical with all of this films songs being written by this films composer Danny Elfman. I have to admit that I really did like alot of the songs in this film with my personal favourite being "This Is Halloween" however I have to admit that not all of this films songs are that good with Sally's Song being a prime example of that since it's song thats not really needed since it adds nothing new to the character and is there purely to fill up space on the soundtrack CD in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and sixteen minuets and thirty nine seconds. Which is another issue that I have with this film since you very easily could have gotten this film up to one hour and thirty minuets just by expanding upon the films story which could then allow for the characters and the characters relationship to be alot more developed then what they already are in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this is a comedy that means that I have to actually talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With alot of this films more darker humour and more darker jokes working really well and indeed getting a big laugh out of me which is always a very good thing indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film is perhaps the best animated family friendly out there since it's dark but it also has alot of jokes that are aimed at both kids and adults and this film proves that not all Disney animated films are made for kids in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly an 8.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com , the official Disney fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being Google Images since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on Google Images are all really fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts