Beneath The Valley Of The Ultra Vixens Review

 


Russ Meyer fans there is one Russ Meyer film that i've been wanting to review for a very long and heck i've even come pretty close t actually reviewing this film on several occasions. Well now i'm finally getting down to finally reviewing this movie and well thank god I can now tick this film of my ever growing and as well as my never ending list of things to review and so join me as I review the 1979 Russ Meyer film with the film itself being called just simply "Beneath The Valley Of The Ultra Vixens" enjoy.

Like with a lot of Russ Meyer films this film has very little in the way of actual plot which I have to admit is still a pretty bad thing. Simply because a film should always have at least some sort of plot and the fact that this film doesn't have a plot to me says that the makers of this film either couldn't be bothered to give this film that much of a plot but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well is being in my very honest opinion anyways.


Starring in this film is Kitten Natividad as Lavonia / Lola Langusta , Anne Marie as Eufaula Roop and Ken Kerr as Lamar Shedd. Also starring in this film is June Mack as Junk Yard Sal , Patrick Wright as Mr Peterbuilt , Michael E. Finn as Semper Fidelis , Steve Tracy as Rhett , Sharon Hill as Flovilla Thatch , Henry Rowland as Martin Bormann , Robert E Pearson as Dr Asa Lavender , DeForest Covan as Zebulon , Don Scarbrough as Beau Badger , Aram Katcher as Tyrone , Uschi Digart as Supersoul , Mary Gavin as Very Big Blonde , Stuart Lancaster as Man From Small Town USA and Russ Meyer as Himself.

As for what I thought about the acting that's to be found in this film in all honesty the acting that's to be found in this film is in all honesty on par with what you expect from a Russ Meyer. In that at best the acting that's to be found in this film is OK at best which is a shame because when you do see a good performance in this film like that of Ken Kerr for example it really does stand out a mile but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my y very honest opinion anyways.



Now then Russ Meyer fans this film is actually set in the same fictional world as Supervixens because we have both Stuart Lancaster and Uschi Digart reprising their respective roles from Supervixens and since Supervixens is set in the same world as vixen this means that Vixen , Supervixens and Beneath The Valley Of The Ultra Vixens are all apart of the same fictional cinematic universe. I honestly find it really cool that there kind of was this whole cinematic universe that nobody really knew about because you just know if for some reason these films were made today people would instantly pick up on the fact that all three of these films are connected but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


Now then boys and girls believe it or not but this film was actually co-written by Roger Ebert who wrote this film under the name of R. Hyde. I honestly had no idea that Roger Ebert even wrote films so for me finding out that this was not only one of the films that he himself co-wrote (with the other co-writer of this film being this film's director Russ Meyer who used the pen name of B. Callum) but this was also the last film that ever wrote and well I have to admit the writing for this film just like with alot of the Russ Meyer films that i've personally seen the writing for this film is in all honesty really good with the dialog being very witty and this films characters coming across as not only likable but also coming across like real people but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble nd as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.

Now then boys and girls there is a slight teaser for what i assume was meant to be the next film in this Vixens series which according to the teaser was going to be / was meant to be called The Jaws Of Vixen. Despite my very best efforts I cannot find a single thing about this film all I know about this film was that it never got made so it very well could have been a well played practical joke from the makers of this film or perhaps Russ Meyer just couldn't get this film off the ground but either way I want to know more about what The Jaws Of Vixen was going to be / meant to be and why it didn't get made but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways. 


Since there is no real story to this film whatsoever that did make it hard for me to be fully engaged with this film / into this film. Since the film really doesn't give you any reason whatsoever to remain fully engaged with this film because I really wasn't given a reason to be fully engaged with this film and as such i found myself doing the one thing that you should never when your watching a film that your also planning to write a review for and that's check Twitter if you ever find yourself checking Twitter or any website when your watching a film regardless of if your planning to review the film or not then the film hasn't fully engaged you and that's always a very bad thing but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.

The total running time for this film is one hour and thirty two minuets and forty three seconds which is oddly the right amount of time for this film. Since like I said this film has to story and so it has no story to tell and as such it would be a stretch to even get this film to even somewhere like one hour and thirty five minuets long let alone anywhere even close to two hours and it really does help the film since with this very short running time this film really does just simply fly by but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


Now then boys and girls since this is a comedy film after all and that means that I have to talk about the actual jokes that are featured / presented to us in the actual film itself and if i'm being the jokes that are featured / resented to us in this very film are in all honesty pretty freaking funny. I'm not going to lie and say that every single joke that's featured / presented to us in this film is a good joke because that's not even close to being the case at all but when the film does have a genuinely funny moment it really does stand out but that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


Overall out of all of the Russ Meyer films that i've seen this is perhaps the best one in my very humble and as being in my my honest opinion anyways. I'm  not not going to lie and say that this film is perfect because it's honestly not but it's not exactly a bad film either and since i've talked about both of the very good and as well as the very bad things that are in this film in this very review this film gets a 5.5 out of ten from me.

As for where I got all of the images that I used in this very review well I got all of the images that I used in this very from Google Images and nowhere else and since I only went to Google Images and nowhere else for the images that I used in this very review. I have no choice but to recommend that you use Google Images if you want / wanted to use images from this film since the images that I personally found on Google Images fairly high quality and as well as being fairly high definition but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion aanyways.



















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts