Toy Story 1995 Film Review

 


Toy Story is a franchise that not only many of us have grown up with but it's also the franchise that launched PIXAR. As such I felt that it was only right that I talked about this film since like I said I like many of you grew up with this film hell apart from the fourth Toy Story film (which is called Toy Story 4) i've seen every single Toy Story film in cinema and so everyone join me as I review the first Toy Story film which was released in 1995 and was made by PIXAR and released tho Disney with the film itself simply being called "Toy Story" enjoy the review everyone.

The plot of the film is Woody a toy cowboy gets jealous when Buzz a space ranger toy arrives and quickly takes Woody's spot as Andy (Woody and Buzz's owner) and so when Woody and Buzz get into a fight and end up in the house evil next door neighbour Sid (Sid is also a kid just like Andy for those that don't know) as such both Woody and Buzz have to find a way back to Andy's house before Sid blows them both up. Plot wise I feel that this film is honestly really freaking good with the story not only being really engaging but also the plot of the film also holds up really well in my very humble opinion.


Starring in the film is Tom Hanks as Woody , Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear and Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head. Also starring in the film is Jim Varney as Slinky Dog , Wallace Shawn as Rex , John Ratzenberger as Hamm , Annie Potts as Bo Peep , John Morris as Andy Davis , Erik Von Detten as Sid Phillips , Laurie Metcalf as Mrs. Davis , R. Lee Ermey as Sergeant , and Sarah Freeman as Hannah Phillips.

As for what I thought about the acting in the film I think it goes without saying just due to who is in this film. However I thought that the acting in the film was honestly really freaking and i'm not just saying that as someone who has literally grown up with these films i'm saying because it's true , since all of the actors in this film simply are their respective characters and I honestly cannot picture anyone playing these characters since the actors in this film did such a good job at playing their respective characters or at least that's what I think anyways.


Of course doing the animation for this film are the greats over at the legendary animation studio with the studio being called PIXAR AKA PIXAR Animation Studios. Since the animation for this film was done by PIXAR AKA PIXAR Animation Studios of course the animation in this film is going to be great hell even for a film that was released in 1995 the animation holds up really freaking well in my opinion.

Honestly I think the best scene that shows of the animation in this film is the "This isn't flying it's falling with style" scene near the end of the movie. Just because you have a nice little touch of having the wind / air interacting with Woody's hat which to me sells that these tow toys are really flying and if you want an idea how good the attention to detail is in this film watch the ending since when the camera zooms into the christmas tree if you look in the baubles hanging from the christmas tree you can see Andy, Andy's Mom and Molly (Andy's baby sister) in the baubles reflection this is something that the makers of this film really didn't have to do but it's something that i'm glad that they did do because it's something that animation fans would notice.


What I really liked about this film is the fact that you got to see the friendship between Woody and Buzz fully develop. At the start of the film you see Woody is jealous of Buzz and then because of that jealousy the two become enemies but then the two learn to work together which leads to them becoming it's this kind of development that makes the characters seem alot more real to me which in turn made me more engaged in there story as well as the plot / story of the whole film or at least that's what I thought anyways.


I honestly cannot think of a single thing that I hated about this film because this film (which incase you've forgotten is called Toy Story and was released in the year 1995 by Disney and PIXAR) is that good in my opinion. Hell even some of the films more weaker elements such as the aliens aren't in the film that long and so they don't have a chance to leave a lasting impact on the film in my humble opinion.

This film has a running time of one hour and twenty one minuets and three seconds and I feel that that running time is the perfect running time for this film. Simply because there's not alot of story to even justify an hour and a half and so having the film clock in at one hour and twenty one minuets and three seconds to me is a good thing because it means that every scene in the film has to be about advancing the plot forward and advancing the characters forward which no matter the film moving both the plot of the film and the characters in the film is always a good thing no matter what the film is that you are making.


Now then boys and girls since this is a comedy that does mean that I have to talk about the jokes that are in the actual film itself. To me the jokes in this film range from being cute to being laugh out loud funny with all of the jokes getting a huge laugh out of me hell there's even jokes in there for adults like for example Woody and Bo are totally more then just friends if you get what i'm saying and this was something that I never noticed until this most recent viewing of the film.



Overall this film (which incase you've all forgotten is called Toy Story) is the perfect start to an almost perfect franchise. I say almost perfect because let's face it Toy Story 4 wasn't needed and since I just said that this film is perfect you can work out what score i'm going to give this film because this film is perfect in every single way as such this film (which incase you've all forgotten is called Toy Story) gets a perfect score of a 10 out of 10 from me , and as for where I got all the images that I used in this review I got all of the images that I used in this review from the official Disney fandom wiki page (which has no unique name) and the official PIXAR fandom wiki page with the the majority of the images coming from the official Disney fandom wiki page (which has no unique name) since the images on the the official Disney fandom wiki page (which has no unique name) since the official Disney fandom wiki page (which has no unique name) has alot of high quality as well as alot of high definition images.













  

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts