Clouds Film Review

 


Disney fans it's been nearly a month since I last talked about anything released by Disney and as luck would have it the exact day they decide to release a new movie Marvel decide to drop a new TV show on Hulu and while Disney fans will have to ask me opinions on the Marvel Hulu horror show. They will not have not have to ask my opinions on the new movie that is being release by Disney and so join me as I review "Clouds" enjoy the review everyone.

The plot of the film is singer and songwriter Zach Sobiech finds out that his form on cancer has spread and has made him terminal and so Zach has around ten months left to life and so with his friend Sammy Brown the duo decidee to write an album. I honestly cannot describe how good this story is because the words simply do not exist since the film's story is that that good and is that well told that I honestly think that i've found one of if not the best film of this year which granted there haven't been alot of films released but still the story is that good in my opinion.


Starring in the film is Fin Argus as Zach Sobiech , Sabrina Carpenter as Sammy Brown and Madison Iseman as Amy Adamle. Also starring in rhe film is Lil Rel Howery as Mr. Weaver , Tom Everett Scott as Rob Sobiech , Dylan Everett as Sam Sobiech , Vivien Endicott Douglas as Alli Sobiech , Summer H. Howell as Grace Sobiech and Sidney Mother Freaking Prescott Herself Neve Campbell as Laura Sobiech.

I'm a huge a fan of the Scream franchise and so to see Sidney Freaking Prescott aka Neve Campbell in this movie is to me just freaking amazing and she still looks s*xy as all hell. Now that i've gotten my little love with the Scream franchise out of the way on to what I thought about the acting in this film which yeah I loved all of the actors in this film it was honestly a lot better then what I thought it was going and bare in mind the only thing that I saw from this film was the two trailers they released and nothing else and so to see that all of the actors are giving these really subtle performances makes the characters feel more real and the story feel more real as well and I love that.


Now I didn't know this but not only is the film based on a true story but that true story also inspired the book called Fly A Little Higher: How God Answered A Mom's Small Prayer In A Big Way which was written by Zach's real life mother Laura Sobiech who as mentooned is played by the still stunning Neve Campbell. I have no idea if the film is anything like the book or not but given that the director of this film actor Justin Baldoni also directed a documantry about Zach called My Last Days: Meet Zach Sobiech and another documentry called My Last Days: Zach Sobiech, One Year Later so i'm inclined to say that the film is like the book just because the director got to know the family pretty well.

What I didn't know was that this film was actually made and was going to be released by Warner Bros Pictures but due to everything that's going on for some reason Warner Bros Pictures lost the distribution rights to the film with the distribution rights then being picked up by Walt Disney Pictures. As such it's hard to say if this is a Disney film or not since they didn't make the film all they've done is distribute the film but the same time alot of effort has gone into making this as close to a Disney film as possible so you could make the argument that this is a Disney film just like you could make the arugement that it's not really a Disney film.


Now when I say that you guys should have tissues with you when you watch this film I really do mean it because this film gets so sad at times and those moments really do work for me. For me what really sells you on those more really sad moments are the performances because all of the actors really do up there game in those scenes and so you feel it alot more i'm not going to spoil any of those scens or this movie because I really do want you all to see this film but trust me when I say your going to need several boxes (maybe even more) of tissues.


I really wouldn't say this is Zach's story since to me it's just as much the mothers story since we see the mother at several points in the film grieve over the fact that her son is dieing. Not only that but we also see how the family copes with this incredibly sad incoming tragady and how it effects them as the film goes on as such I would honestly say that this film is more of an ensamble film then anything else since it's the whole cast that mak the film what it is and not just one or two different people or different aspects of the film.

This film is two hours and one minuet long which is were I have something bad to say about the film because the film really didn't need to be that long in my opinion. I strongly feel that this film could have told it's story in at least an hour and forty minuets but given that the film was already shot and editited by the time Disney picked it up there's vert little that Disney could have insisted on to improve the film's pacing because yeah the film does get pretty boring at times and there are times it feels like it's a chore to sit through but it's all worth it for this great film in my opinion.


This film is technically listed as a drama altho I personally wouldn't call it one since it doesn't lean to much on the drama. Infact to me it's more of a feel good comedy drama which I know sounds weird but since Zach both the film version and his real life counterpart was all about making people happy something which we see alot of in this film to me that's enough to make it a feel good comedy drama since the film's main focus is Zach living his life and trying to reach his dreams which would make the film a feel good film in my opinion but that's just what I think tho you guys might think that it's a striaght up drama and that's fine you do you.



Overall if you haven't done all ready go and check this film right now as you can see on the films poster it's up on Disney+ right now so go and watch it. Yes the film does have some negative things but for me those negative things didn't hurt my enjoyment of the film infact alot of the time they worked in the film's fsvourt but that they are still issues that are important to a film as such this film gets a 9.5 out of 10 from me.

All of the images that I used in this review were gathered from either the official disney fandom wiki page , Google Images , the official Marvel Cinematic Universe fandom wiki page or the official The Mandalorian fandom wiki page. With alot of the images coming from Google Images I have no choice but to recommend google Images for images from this film since not only is there a wide verity of pictures to choose from but from what i;ve seen at least alot of them are pretty high definition which for me at least is an important thing when creating a review.


















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts