The Happytime Murders Review


Hello there movie fans it's getting fairly rare that I get to bring you a review of a movie that I was really looking forward to seeing and well that's the case with this movie I was really excited to see it when the trailer came out and now I finally have done so here is my review of The Happytime Murders.

The plot of the movie is when the puppet cast of an '80s children's TV show begin to get murdered one by one a disgraced LAPD detective turned private eye puppet takes on the case. Honestly the plot for me it works it's a good story and it helps that the pacing for not only the story but also the film is really well done no scene at least for me felt like it dragged on for longer then it needed to be.


The human cast for this film is made up of One of the three unfunny female Ghostbusters , Maya Rudolph , Joel McHale and Elizabeth Banks. In terms of the human cast the acting is honestly better then what I thought it would be and considering I already made a joke about the Ghostbusters remake I think you can tell who I mean when I say that she's actually not that bad in this movie.

In terms of the puppet cast we have Bill Barretta , Dorien Davies , Elmo ( no joke the guy who is most known for playing Elmo is in this movie) , Drew Massey and Brian Henson. In terms of who was the best puppet performer in this movie i'd say that Bill is the best actor but then again they are all good in this but it seemed weird to me that the guy who's most known for playing Elmo was in this adult movie.


Now I bet your currently wondering why there's a picture of the logo for The Jim Henson Company well that's because Jim's son Brian Henson is the film's director and because the company technically produced the film under it's Henson Alternative banner so the same company that released The Muppet Show and all of those muppet movies released this adult puppet film.

Since the film was made and produced by a Henson you know the puppets are going to look good and yeah they do in fact while watching the film I was more looking forward to the scenes with the puppets then I was the humans that's how good they looked in my eyes and it helps that they got some really good performers to bring these characters to life.


I know alot of people are going to be comparing this film to Who Framed Roger Rabbit and I wouldn't blame them but to me this is Who Framed Roger Rabbit meets The Muppets if The Muppets went full on R Rated and that for me does help the film stand out a bit but like I said it's hard to ignore the fact that Who Framed Roger Rabbit did this kind of set up better.

This film currently has a twenty two percent on RT and that's not really a score that I think is fair it's not a good movie by any means but it's also not a bad one either but for some reason alot of people hated the movie and I just don't see why it got so much hate there are worse movies out there heck i've seen worse movies then this one.


Now in the very first Muppet movie there's a scene with Kermit riding a bike and you can't work out how they did it well there are several scenes in this movie where you see the puppets walking and your left wondering how did they do that and as far as I can tell there was either no computer trickery or very little computer trickery used in those scenes.

There are times especially in comedies where the trailer has all of the best jokes in it and sadly the same can be said for this film all of the best jokes that are in this film were in the trailer so they don't really land that much now because i've seen the trailer hundreds of times.

This film is for adults I just want to stress that but in my eyes there was no reason for this film to be an adult film other then they wanted to make sex jokes and have the main characters swear but in terms of the story there was nothing adult about it unlike say Team America where making that an adult film was the only way you could do it justice here you could make this a family film and it wouldn't loose any impact.


Overall this film isn't as bad as the RT score would make it out to be it's an average movie and with that means it has a lot of problems and it's hard to say who's at fault for those issues and so the movie gets a 5 out of 10 from me.




Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts