My Father's Dragon 2022 Film Review

 


Animation fans there are a lot of great animation studios but none are as little known as Cartoon Saloon. Well after years of waiting they've finally released another film with director Nora Twomey directing and well then you all just knew that I had to check this film the very first chance that I got and so then join me as I review the film that brings a childhood classic book back to life really like never before with the film in question being called simply just "My Father's Dragon" enjoy.

The plot of this film is after he runs away from home a young boy finds a dragon on an island that's slowly sinking and has to help him out if he's to ever get back home again. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with this films plot being wildly inventive and wildly imaginative as well as being very creative and entertaining in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Jacob Tremblay as Elmer Elevator , Gaten Matarazzo as Boris The Dragon and Golshifteh Farahani as Dela Elevator. Also starring in this film is Ian McShane as Saiwa the Gorilla , Chris O'Dowd as Kwan The Macaque , Jackie Earle Haley as Tamir The Tarsier , Dianne Wiest as Iris The Rhinoceros , Rita Moreno as Mrs. McClaren , Judy Greer as Soda the Whale , Alan Cumming as Cornelius The Crocodile , Yara Shahidi as Callie , Whoopi Goldberg as The Cat and Mary Kay Place as The Narrator.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With all of this films cast turning in some really good performances which for a Cartoon Saloon isn't a new thing at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Doing the animation for this film is of course Cartoon Saloon and the legends and the greats that are currently over at Jam Filled Entertainment. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with this films animation being fantastic and really does hold up to the really high standard of animation that's in Cartoon Saloon films in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This film is based of off the 1948 children's novel of the exact same name by author Ruth Stiles Gannett. This book is the first in a trilogy of books which is either called the My Father's Dragon Series or Elmer And The Dragons Series or trilogy and interms of this film I have no idea if it's a good representation of the book since I haven't read or even heard of the books but as far as I can tell from the books Wikipedia page this film does seem to adapt the first books storyline really well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

For those of you that don't know this film isn't the first time that this book has been adapted as an animated film since that honor goes to the 1997 anime film My Father's Dragon or Elmer No Bōken. I haven't seen the 1997 film so I can't really compare the two films but I can say that just based of off watching this film it does make me want to check out the 1997 film just because of the fact that this film was that damned good in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Wat this film doesn't do all that well is develop the friendship between Elmer and Boris since the film really doesn't show us why these two are friends. Which is a shame because that's a key thing for this film and so you'd think that at least sometime would have been spent in developing their friendship but that very sadly isn't the case and as such this film does suffer because of this in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and forty three minuets and twenty three seconds. Which is another downside as this film really doesn't need to be that long since the film really doesn't have enough there plot wise to cover that amount of time and as such this film does get a bit boring and a bit repetitive at times which is a shame because when this film wants to be entertaining it can be really very entertaining indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this is a comedy that means that I have to actually talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. However tho there really aren't that manty funny jokes in this film but on the flip side of that because of how likable Boris is he does get alot of the films more actually funnier moments that work well enough in this films favour in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film quite clearly isn't as good as either Wolf Walkers or The Breadwinner for that matter but it does deserve all of the praise that it's getting because it is still a very good film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly an 8 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com , Wikipedia and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being Google Images since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on Google Images are all really fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts