Disenchanted Film Review

 


Disney fans for some strange reason the company has only now chosen to go all in on producing to somewhat beloved films. With both Hocus Pocus 2 and the film that i'm going to be reviewing for you all today being released just months apart and well I thought that i'd check this film just to see if someone who hasn't seen the first film to follow along with the storyline and so then join me as I review the film that many spent over a decade asking for with the film  in question being called simply just "Disenchanted" enjoy.

The plot of this film is ten years after the events of the first film Giselle and her family move out of New York but gets mire then she bargained for when she wishes for a fairy tale life. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with this films plot being rather enjoyable in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is one of this films producers Amy Adams as Giselle and Patrick Dempsey as Robert Philip. Also starring in this film is Maya Rudolph as Malvina Monroe , Yvette Nicole Brown as Rosaleen , Jayma Mays as Ruby , Gabriella Baldacchino as Morgan Philip , Idina Menzel as Nancy , Oscar Nunez as Edgar , Griffin Newman as The Voice Of Pip , Alan Tudyk as The Voice Of The Talking Scroll and James Marsden as Edward.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With all of this films cast doing there absolutely best to make this films incredibly weak script work for them in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Doing the CGI for this film is Moving Picture Company , Barnstorm VFX , Crafty Apes , Lola Visual Effects and this films animation is being done by Tonic DNA. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt that the actual CGI and the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual CGI and the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with there being a few dodgy looking CGI effects and this films animation was also really good in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



I really did like that they tried to make Giselle the evil step mother character that we see in alot of the old fairy tales. Which to me made alot of sense since this whole franchise is built upon basically being a more modern day fairy tale and so then that means that when Giselle wishes for a fairy tale to come true she would of course be turned into the evil stepmother since she is the stepmother to Morgan Philip which was a really very nice touch indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

One of the things that I didn't like about this film is the fact that they really didn't go all the way with the idea of Giselle essentially turning evil. Since they really could have taken his character down a much more darker path which would have been more inline with the fairy tales of old but for some reason they don't and so the idea just across as being a very half baked idea in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This film features songs that are written by songwriting legend Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz both of whom are returning from the first film. I have to admit that this films songs are pretty good for the most part but we do get alot of songs that are just filler songs since they add nothing to overall story of the film with my personal favourite song being "Love Power" which is a really good song which is sung really well by the great Idina Menzel in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and fifty eight minuets and seventeen seconds. Which was a tad bit longer then what this film really needed to be since this film really does have a whole let there interms of either plot or story and making matters worse is the fact that this film really doesn't take advantage of it's long running time by fleshing out it's already very thinly drawn out characters which is what the film really should have done in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


So now then since this is a comedy that means that I have to actually talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With this film having some good jokes within it how sadly tho this film does feature alot more bad jokes then it does good jokes in this very film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall I can't really see fans of the first film enjoying this film and I can't really see this film turning nine fans into fans since this film is just that bad of a film and it deserves it's low score on Rotten Tomatoes as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 6 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official Disney fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being obviously the official Disney fandom wiki page since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on the official Disney fandom wiki page are all fairly high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts