Blonde 2022 Film Review

 


Film icons are so few and far between and yet when we get one we treat them terribly and we never find out just what their backstory is. Well then films fans now we have a film about one of the most famous actresses out their one who's story has been told several times in several different forms of media and so then join me as I review the film that is yet another retelling of this famous persons life with the film in question being called simply just "Blonde" enjoy.

The plot of this film is Norma Jeane becomes the biggest star in Hollywood during the fifties and sixties but she discovers that fame is not all that it's cracked up to be. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty rather sad but at the same time very well told in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is No Time To Die breakout star Ana De Armas as Norma Jeane and Adrien Brody as Arthur Miller. Also starring in this film is Bobby Cannavale as Joe DiMaggio , Xavier Samuel as Cass Chaplin , Julianne Nicholson as Gladys Jeane , Evan Williams as Edward "Eddy" G. Robinson Jr. , Toby Huss as Whitey , David Warshofsky as Darryl F. Zanuck , Caspar Phillipson as John F. Kennedy , Dan Butler as I.E. Shinn , Sara Paxton as Miss Flynn , Rebecca Wisocky as Yvet , Michael Drayer as Deputy Will Bonnie , Ryan Vincent as Uncle Clive , Patrick Brennan as Joe , Eric Matheny as Joseph Cotten , Scoot McNairy as Tommy Ewell / Richard Sherman , Ravil Isyanov as Billy Wilder , Catherine Dent as Jean , Michael Masini as Tony Curtis / Josephine , Chris Lemmon as Jack Lemmon / Daphne , Ned Bellamy as Doc Fell , Haley Webb as Brooke , Eden Riegel as Esther , Garret Dillahunt as Boss and Spencer Garrett as President's Pimp.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. So good infact that I chose to credit the entire cast of the film since every single member of this films cast really does do a fantastic job performance wise in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 



This film is based of the 2000 novel of the exact same name by author Joyce Carol Oates and while I haven't read the book. I have to say that based of off what very little research that I did it looks like that they made up at the very least a few scenes for the film but weather or not this sequence was in the book I have no idea but I really hope that that they were because were both a pair of really well done sequences in this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


The best thing that a biopic can do is make you want to find out more about whoever the biopic in question is about. Which is the very same thing that happened to me while watching this film and as such I did a little bit of research while the film was still playing and it's amazing that this woman lived such a troubled life that really was a rollercoaster so much so that out of all of the films that she ever made there was only one that she fired and rehired from and it's also the film that she never completed filming that's how interesting Norma Jeane's career well and truly was in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

One of the things that I didn't like about this film is the fact that for some strange reason this film is both in black and white and in color. With scenes involving Norma Jeane being in black and white and scenes not including her being in color this was something that I really didn't like just because as far as I could tell there was no artistic reasoning behind this choice and heck even the films final thirty or so minuets all of which include Norma Jeane are all in color so I really do have to wonder why they chose to put certain scenes in black and white when there's no real reasoning behind it in my freaking opinions / at least.


Another thing that I really didn't like about this film is the fact that it jumped around alot with there being so little time being spent in a certain. As such it made it hard for me to connect to any of this films characters and yes at times this even included the main character herself which is a shame because while it is understandable for them to jump around a bit in the timeline it would have worked better if they focused on one aspect of her life or on one time of her life in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly two hours and forty seven minuets and twenty eight seconds. Which is an incredibly long time for a biopic to last since this film really didn't need to be that long at all since you very easily could have had this film come in at around two hours and all you'd have to do is cut out alot of the scenes that add nothing to the overall plot of the film which would have made the film flow alot better then what it does in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this is a drama that means that I have to actually talk about the actual drama that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual drama that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With all of this drama not only hitting and hitting hard but it also had me rooting for the main character and wanting to see her succeed even in the scenes that were made up for this film because that's how good this film is when to comes to creating great drama and a representation of a true cinematic icon in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film was alot better then what all of the headlines and alot of the reviews had me thinking that it was and it's a film that I can very highly recommend that people watch in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film and well then that means that this film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 9 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review the official Netflix fandom wiki page , Wikipedia , IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being Google Images since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on Google Images are all really fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.













Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts