Pinocchio 1940 Film Review

 


Disney fans the studio is just under a week away from releasing it's newest live action remake which is being released straight to Disney+. Well you all just know that I had to produce a tie in and well then what better tie in could there be then a review of the original film and so then join me as I review the film that proves that Disney can include some scary scenes in their films with the film in question being called simply just "Pinocchio" enjoy.

The plot of the film is Pinocchio is a little wooden boy and when he comes to life he has to prove that he is worthy of becoming a real boy. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with this films plot being rather simple and very easy to follow which for a film like this is a very good thing indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Dick Jones as Pinocchio , Cliff Edwards as Jiminy Cricket and Christian Rub as Geppetto. Also starring in this film is Clarence Nash as Figaro , Walter Catlett as "Honest" John Worthington Foulfellow , Mel Blanc as "Giddy" Gideon The Cat , Charles Judels as Stromboli and The Coachman , Evelyn Venable as The Blue Fairy , Frankie Darro as Lampwick and Thurl Ravenscroft as Monstro.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With all of this films cast turning in some good performances which given who is starring in this film isn't all that very surprising at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Doing the animation for his film is of course the legends and the greats that are currently over at Walt Disney Animation Studios. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good and it's something that really does hold up really well all of these many years later in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This is one of the few films that has a few actual scary moments within it and I have to say that I love this film for having the courage to scare it's kid audience. Since the donkey transformation sequence is a pretty scary sequence it's one of the very sequences that I hope to god that they don't ruin in the 2022 remake of this film since it is such an iconic sequence from this film and kids do want to to be scared in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Even all of these years the films central message of not lying to people is still a message that holds up really well. Simply because of the fact that it's a universal message and while the message itself is kind of over played at this point at this time it is still a good message for kids and in some cases even adults to learn because it is something that we all do occasionally forget about and need to be reminded of in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


There are some things that I really didn't like about this film like the fact that there really isn't a plot to this film at all with the film feeling more like a collection of interconnected short animated films then a feature length film. The other thing that I didn't like about the film was the fact that once you think about it the character of Jiminy Cricket is completely useless and if you removed him from the story then nothing changes at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and twenty seven minuets and forty four seconds. Which is a tad bit on the long side for this film and you really do feel it since like I said the film basically has no storyline to it and while that does work to the films favour in some respects it works against the film in this respect since it makes the film feel a bit repetitive in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this is a comedy that means that I have to actually talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With this film getting alot of genuine big laughs out of me and while not all of this films jokes and the ones that do land really well and land hard in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall while I cannot obviously say if the remake will be any good I can say that it has alot to live up to since this film holds up really well all of these decades later in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official Disney fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being Google Images since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on Google Images are all really fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition. 















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts