King Kong 2005 Film Review

 


Film fans every so often I like to cover a film that I haven't seen in a really long time and well that's the case with the film that i'm about to review for you all today. Since up until today the last time that I last saw this film was in I think 2005 and well then after days of thinking it over i've made the call that now was the right time to re-watch this movie and so then join me as I review the film that brought Kong back from the dead with the film in question being called simply just "King Kong" enjoy.

The plot of this film is a bunch of filmmakers head to the mysterious island of Skull Island where they get alot more then what they bargained for. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with this films plot being engaging in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Andy Serkis as Kong and Lumpy , Naomi Watts as Ann Darrow and Jack Black as Carl Denham. Also starring in this film is Adrien Brody as Jack Driscoll , Thomas Kretschmann as Captain Englehorn , Colin Hanks as Preston , Jamie Bell as Jimmy , Evan Parke as Benjamin "Ben" Hayes , Lobo Chan as Choy , Kyle Chandler as Bruce Baxter , John Sumner as Herb , Craig Hall as Mike , William Johnson as Manny and Mark Hadlow as Harry.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With all of this films cast members turning in some really good performances with a special shoutout going to of course the great Andy Serkis who is simply phenomenal as Kong in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Doing the CGI for this film is the legend and the greats that are currently over at Weta Digital , CafeFX and Asylum VFX. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual CGI that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual CGI that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good and it still holds up almost twenty years later in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Of course this film is a remake of the 1933 film of the exact same name and as far as I can tell this film is pretty much a faithful remake of the 1933 original film. While I cannot say if this film improves upon anything that's seen in the original film there's quite clearly alot of passion and love for the love since this film does stick quite closely to the original films plot but also does it's own unique things with the characters which make it stand out from all of the other King Kong films out there in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I will say that this film is a remake that's done right because it shows respect to the original film and to what the original film was even trying to do. Which is something that alot of modern remakes just don't do since there more interesting in rushing their film out there that there not taking the time to show some love and respect to the film that there actually trying to remake in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


To me even tho this film is listed as being an action film it's quite clearly meant to be more of a romance film. Which is a shame because this films attempt at a romance between Ann and Kong just doesn't work out since it feels very forced like it was only in there because all of the other versions of the story included it and yet with this film already changing the originals characters to fit in with this new story this is one element of the film that could have or perhaps even should have been changed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now while I cannot for the absolutely life of me remember whatever this films running time even was I do know that this film has / had an exact running time of roughly three hours and thirty minuets. Which whichever way you look at it is a really long time to be watching film and for a film to last even more so when you realise that the original film was only around I think one hour and thirty minuets and so the fact that this film is almost double that just makes the film feel bloated in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then since this film is an action film that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. Altho this films action does get a little repetitive since all where doing is seeing Kong interacting with CGI objects in boring ways and there's only so many time that you can see that before it starts to get boring and repetitive in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film is quite easily one of if not the best King Kong films out there since it does everything that the original film does but it also puts it's own unique spin on things as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very erns itself a grand old score of exactly an 8.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being Google Images since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on Google Images are all fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.













Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts