The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Film Review

 


Film fans there are many great writers out there but perhaps none that pushed the envelope of what science fiction is and what it can be. Well none pushed that envelope more then the late writer Douglas Adams and well then it's one of his final products that i'm going to be taking a look at today and so then join me as I review the film that asks the question what is the meaning of life with the freaking film in question being called simply just "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" enjoy.

The plot of this film is after his planet is destroyed an earth man and his alien friend travel the universe to find the answer to the ultimate question. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good with this films main plotline being genuinely quite entertaining and engaging in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Martin Freeman as Arthur Dent , Sam Rockwell as Zaphod Beeblebrox and Mos Def as Ford Prefect. Also starring in this film is Zooey Deschanel as Trillian , Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast , Warwick Davis as Marvin , the late Alan Rickman as The Voice Of Marvin , Anna Chancellor as Questular Rontok , John Malkovich as Humma Kavula , Bill Bailey as The Spermwhale , Helen Mirren as The Voice Of Deep Thought , Stephen Fry as Narrator / The Voice Of The Guide and Ian McNeice as Commander Kwaltz.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual running time that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With all of this films main cast turning in some really good performances which given who is starring in this film isn't that very surprising at all in my freaking opinions anyways /  at least.


Doing the CGI for this film is Cinesite , Baseblack and the legends and the greats that are currently over at The Senate Visual Effects. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual CGI that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual CGI that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad granted this is still 2005 CGI and so it's not particularly good either but it alot better then what it really had any right to be in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This film is of course based upon the 1979 Douglas Adams which has been adapted into several pieces of media all throughout the decades. With perhaps the most famous adaptation being the 1981 UK TV series of the exact same name and while I personally haven't read the book and so I can't tell if the film is a good adaptation of the book or not I can say that this film captures the tone and spirit of the show very well indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

This film does add characters that weren't in the book like for example the character of Humma Kavula who's race was mentioned in the book but his character was never seen in the book. There where a few others as well but for the life of me I can't remember who they were and these additions came from the book's author and this films co-writer and co-producer Douglas Adams and so then these characters can now be seen as canon to this world in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


There are some things in this film that I really didn't like like for example there's a romance subplot in this film which just feels out of place and completely unnecessary. I also didn't like the fact that this film sets up the sequel simply because it should have been more focused in telling it's own story rather then setting up the title for the sequel which I get it that's a small nitpick but it is a rather annoying things as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and forty eight minuets and forty seconds. Which to me felt a little bit on the long side simply because of the fact that this film really doesn't have enough there interms of either plot or story to cover that amount of running time but to this films credit it does have some rather good pacing tho in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then this is a comedy and so then that means that I have to actually talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With this films comedy being stupid but stupid in a good way and alot of this films jokes really do reflect that freaking mindset in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film is a really good film and it's one that i'm so glad that I watched since it was a really enjoyable film to watch and it was also a really stupid film to watch but in a good way tho in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 6.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from Wikipedia , IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being Google Images since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on Google Images are all fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.













Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts