Lightyear Film SPOILER FREE Film Review

 


PIXAR fans right now a very rare thing is happening since there's a brand new PIXAR film that's being released on the big screen. Which after the previous two films were given a direct to Disney+ release the fact that this one was given a theatrical release is a great thing to see since any PIXAR film regardless of the quality of the film should always be seen on the big screen and so then join me as I give you all my SPOILER FREE review of the film that saw PIXAR back to the cinemas with the film in question being called simply just "Lightyear" enjoy.

The plot of this film is a young Buzz Lightyear finds himself trapped on a planet and has to get home before it's far to late. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was wafer thin at best since it was hard for me to work out what the plot of this film even was which is not a good thing at all in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Starring in this film is Chris Evans as Buzz Lightyear , James Brolin as Emperor Zurg and Keke Palmer as Izzy Hawthorne. Also starring in this film is Peter Sohn as Sox , Taika Waititi as Mo Morrison , Dale Soules as Darby Steel , Uzo Aduba as Alisha Hawthorne , Mary McDonald-Lewis as I.V.A.N. , Efren Ramirez as Airman Diaz , Isiah Whitlock Jr. as Commander Burnside , Tim Peake as Himself and Bill Hader as Featheringhamstan.

Now then interms of what I actually thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty OK at best. Which given who is starring in this film isn't a good thing at all and it's not something that I blame this films cast for since they all did they very best that they could with what they were given in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Doing the animation for this film is of course the legends and the greats that are currently over at Pixar Animation Studios. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good as to be expected coming from Pixar Animation Studios in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


This films is being billed as the film that inspired the Buzz Lightyear toy that we see in the Toy Story films. Now the issue that I have with this is the fact that Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command: The Adventure Begins was also billed as the film that inspired the Buzz Lightyear toy so now there's going to be alot of confusion over which film was the film that actually inspired the Buzz Lightyear toy in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

This is something that could have easily have been avoided if the film was about the person that inspired the Buzz Lightyear character that we see in Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command: The Adventure Begins. Since that would also explain why this version of Buzz looks alot more human then the one that we see in the Toy Story films and it would also allow you alot more creative freedom as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.  


I really did like one of this films key scenes since it reminded me of how powerful something science fiction can be. I'm not going to spoil what it is but when you see it you'll know it and it really does help that the film does as much as they can do it with it but my only issue is that they don't really do that much of a deep dive into the ramifications into this thing which is a shame because that would have been a very interesting to see play out in this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and thirty six minuets and eighteen seconds. Which is a great running time for this film to last simply because of the fact that this film really doesn't have alot of story and so then this film really doesn't need to be that long at all which does sadly mean that we do get alot of scenes that are pointless in the grand scheme of things in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


So now then since this film is an action film that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With this films action being cool and inventive at times but also lame and generic at times as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film is such a huge waste of a good idea which is such a shame and it's such a shame to see PIXAR turning in more and more average films and not any great films anymore in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official PIXAR fandom wiki page and the official Disney fandom wiki page. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being the official PIXAR fandom wiki page since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on the official PIXAR fandom wiki page are all fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition. 













Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts