A Boy Named Charlie Brown Film Review

 


The Peanuts is a comic strip that's been going on for decades and has spawned lots of TV specials which are still being produced to this very day. However the one piece of Peanuts media that nobody seems to talk about is the Peanuts movies and well I thought that i'd put a stop to that right now and so then join me as I review the film that brought the Peanuts gang to the big screen with the film in question being called simply just "A Boy Named Charlie Brown" enjoy.

The plot of this film is Charlie Brown is determined to prove that there is something that he can win at and so he enters a spelling bee. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad and is something that i'd expect to see in a Peanuts movie in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Starring in this film is Peter Robbins as Charlie Brown , Pamelyn Ferdin as Lucy van Pelt and Glenn Gilger as Linus van Pelt. Also starring in this film is Andy Pforsich as Schroeder , Sally Dryer as Patty , this film director and co-producer Bill Melendez as Snoopy , Anne Altieri as Violet , Erin Sullivan as Sally Brown , Lynda Mendelson as Frieda , Christopher DeFaria as Pig-Pen , David Carey as 2nd boy and Guy Pforsich as 3rd boy.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / resented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. Which is shocking since this film like many Peanuts products used actual kids for all of the main voices and so nobody would have blamed the kids if they just couldn't deliver a good performance however i'm pleased to say that everybody that's in this film gave a truly wonderful performance in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 



Now then I have absolutely no idea whom did the animation for this film as there is no animation studio listed anywhere on the films IMDB page. Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual animation that's actually featured /presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad was on par with what we would see in the specials in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Now then for those of you who don't know the Peanuts franchise started life as a comic strip before slowly producing special after and several animated feature films and musicals. I have to say that this film is very true to the spirit of the comic strips simply because of the fact that this film was actually written by Peanuts creator Charles M. Schulz and having him on board as a writer is a very good thing indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Director and producer and actor Bill Melendez really does get the character of Charlie Brown since he's an eternal optimist and yet at the same time he's just trying to survive to the end of the day. This to me makes the character of Charlie Brown come across as being just a normal everyday kid which to me is a very interesting take on the character since he's nothing special and that's the point he's every kid every body has ever met in there lives and that will always make the character of Charlie Brown stand out to me personally in my freaking personal opinions anyways / at least.


For some reason the makers of this film chose to make this film a musical with the songs that are in this film being written by Vince Guaraldi , John Scott Trotter and Rod McKuen. In all honesty there's really no reason whatsoever for this film to be a musical since having the characters suddenly breakout into song takes away from the realism of this franchise but with all of that being said there some good songs in here tho with my personal favourite being ""I" Before "E"" in my freaking opinions.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and twenty six minuets and ten seconds. This is a huge issue for me since it takes almost fifty minuets for some kind of plotline to appear in this film and as such for the most part your just watching the characters just live their day to days lives which is fine for a thirty minuet TV special but it's not fine at all for a feature length movie in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


So now then since this film is a comedy film after all that means that I have to actually talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. With pretty much all of this films jokes not only landing but landing hard and being genuinely funny as all heck as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this was a really good film but its not even close to being as perfect as this films 95% Rotten Tomatoes score would have you believe that it is since there are quite a few flaws to be found in this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being obviously Google Images since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on Google Images are all fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.

















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts