Beverly Hills Cop Film Review

 


Film fans I have a seemingly never ending but an always ever growing list of films to watch and well now i'm going to finally tick one of those films off of that list. Since yeah this is a film that I have heard about but for some strange reason or another i've just never sat down and watched it well that ends right freaking now and so join me as I review one of the many films on my list of films to watch with the film in question being called simply just "Beverly Hills Cop" enjoy.

The plot of this film is when his childhood best friend is murded right in front of him Detroit cop Axel Foley heads over to Beverly Hills to find whom killed his best friend and put a stop to this villains newest evil scheme before it's far to freaking late. Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot of this film in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot of this fil, was really freaking good with this films main plot being genuinely really well freaking told in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in his film is Eddie Murphy as Detective Axel Foley and Judge Reinhold as Detective William "Billy" Rosewood. Also starring in this film is John Ashton as Sergeant John Taggart , Lisa Eilbacher as Jeanette "Jenny" Summers , Steven Berkoff as Victor Maitland , Ronny Cox as Lieutenant Andrew Bogomil , Jonathan Banks as Zack , James Russo as Michael "Mikey" Tandino , Stephen Elliott as Chief Hubbard , Paul Reiser as Jeffrey , Michael Champion as Casey , Gilbert R. Hill as Inspector Douglas Todd , Bronson Pinchot as Serge and a really very freaking young Damon Wayans as Banana Man.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was really good. Which was shocking to me personally since the acting in any of Eddie Murphy's films is nearly freaking always OK at best in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 



So now then this film came it in 1984 which means that this year was  a great year for comedies since that particular also saw the release of Ghostbusters among many others. In all honesty the very freaking fact that not one but two pop culture icons came out in the exact same year is very truly shocking to me since at best you'd be lucky to get one pip culture film out there but to get out in the exact same is very truly shocking in my opinions anyways / at least. 


Now then this film is Eddie Murphy at his freaking best this is simply because in this film all he's trying to do is to make you laugh and that's it and guess what that works for this film and for this character as well. Also helping things is the fact that Eddie Murphy wasn't that well known of a film star and so he had to deliver with all of his characters where as now he can just sit ack and relax and just take it easier with his film characters in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

So now then I will very fully admit that this films villain is a weak villain simply because we don't really find out why this villainess character is evil and so he just comes across as being evil all just for the sake of being evil. This doesn't make this films villain all that interesting since all it does is make this films villain very freaking and very freaking forgettable as all heck in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then since this film is an action film after all that means that I have to actually talk about all of the action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was really freaking cool and good. This is because I think that there's alot of effort that's being put into these action sequences that are in this very freaking film in my very freaking opinions anyways / at least.

So now then this film has a grand total running time of exactly one hour and forty five minuets and four seconds. Which is a bit a short running time for this kind of film in all honesty since you very easily could have stretched this film out to just over two hours and with that extended running time you could develop the storyline and the characters alot more then what you could do with this films current running time in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then since this film is also a comedy film as well as being an action film that means that I also have to talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film just wasn't that funny. Which might be because this film seems to put more of a focus on the actual action  part of this action comedy and well if your producing and action comedy you really do need to put focus on both the action and on the comedy side of this freaking action comedy film in my personal freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall while this was a good film and while this film was also a very freaking highly enjoyable film to watch it's sadly not a film that I can see myself coming back which is a shame because there is alot of of good to be found in this very freaking in my very freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad that's in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very freaking film erns itself a grand old score of exactly an 8 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official Beverly Hills Cop fandom wiki page , the official Ghostbusters fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get the images that I used from this film being Google Images this is simply due to the fact that all of the images that are featured / presented to us and are on Google Images are all fairly freaking high in freaking quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.




















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts