Being The Ricardos Film SPOILER FREE!!!!!!!!!! Film Review

 


Biopics are nothing new in the world of Hollywood infact it seems that it the past few years that it's become "cool" to produce a biopic. Well now we have yet another new biopic out there and well this is one that i've actually been looking forward to watching / seeing and so join me as I give you my SPOILER FREE film review of the newest biopic that's out there with the film in question being called simply just "Being the Ricardos" enjoy.

The plot of this film is in all honesty very freaking hard for me to describe simply because there really isn't a plot to this film whatsoever. This is the first major issue that I personally had with the film since without a plot your film looses all reasoning to exist and so I know have to wonder why this film was even made since this film due to having an actual lack of a plot now official has no reason to exist in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 



Starring in this film is Nicole Kidman as Lucille Ball , Javier Bardem as Desi Arnaz and J. K. Simmons as William Frawley. Also starring in this film is Nina Arianda as Vivian Vance , Tony Hale as Jess Oppenheimer , John Rubinstein as Older Jess , Alia Shawkat as Madelyn Pugh , Linda Lavin as Older Madelyn , Jake Lacy as Bob Carroll Jr. , Ronny Cox as Older Bob , Clark Gregg as Howard Wenke and Nelson Franklin as Joe Strickland.

Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured in this film was really freaking good. Which given how good this films script actually is is something that we shouldn't really be surprised about in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.  



As alot of you would have worked out from this films trailers this film does infact go behind the scenes of the show I Love Lucy. Which is in all honesty really freaking fascinating to see since we have no idea how these more classic sitcoms were made and so to see a film that devotes itself to showing us the audience how this truly iconic sitcom was made is really freaking fascinating to me personally in my freaking humble opinions anyways / at least. 


So now then I was going to talk about how good of a couple Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz were but after finding out that he cheated on her like a lot I really wouldn't feel right talking about them as a couple. I will however say tho that the two of them did work well enough together that you most likely couldn't tell that they were having marital problems and this film does handle those issues really freaking well enough in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film even is being released straight on to Amazon Prime in a few days it was also given a very limited theatrical release starting just a few days ago. Which to me says that the makers of this film or hoping to get some awards from this film because there's very little to no upside about releasing this film into theatres when you have Ghostbusters: Afterlife , West Side Story and Encanto all killing it at the box office other then to try and get this film to qualify for next years awards season in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then I will say that as good of a writer as this films writer and director Aaron Sorkin cannot write comedy since the jokes that he inserts into the episode of I Love Lucy just aren't that funny. Heck the jokes that he has in this I Love Lucy wouldn't have made the real life Lucille Ball because of the fact that his jokes fall flat every single which I get it that might be the point but if your writing new jokes for this rather iconic sitcom for these rather iconic sitcom characters that this films jokes have to hit the freaking mark every single time in order to them all some freaking justice in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

So now then this film has / had a grand total running time of exactly two hours and five minuets and twenty four seconds. Which i'm not going to lie this films running is a tad bit on the long side since this film has to real plot to speak of whatsoever and so all your left doing is basically just watching a feature length behind the scenes featurette of a TV or movie which does get rather freaking boring after a while tho in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then this film is meant to be a drama film and so then that means that I have to actually talk about the actual drama that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual drama that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was very well handled. Since the drama that we get in this film is one that very slowly builds up and so when there is a moment that a character breaks down you really do feel what it is that they've freaking gone through in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall while this film is indeed a very freaking enjoyable film to watch it's also a film that is chock full to the brim with issues and sadly it's those issues that prevent the film from being a truly great film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very freaking film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from Wikipedia , the official I Love Lucy fandom wiki page and Google Images. With the website that I personally preferred to use to get the images that I indeed ended up using from this very film being Google Images this is simple because all of the freaking images that are up and on Google Images are fairly high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.


















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts