Licorice Pizza Film Review

 


Film fans every so often I like to review a film that isn't your typical film and well I think i've found just such a film. Now then I will very fully admit that I wasn't as excited for this film as alot of you may or may not have been but after spending sometime watching some bad movies I thought that it was about time that I actually watched and then thus reviewed an actually good movie and so join me as I review the film that alot of people online seem to be liking with the film in question being called simply just "Licorice Pizza" enjoy.

The plot of this film is in all honesty really freaking hard for me to describe simply because there is so little actual plot going on in this very film. Which while that might have been a bad thing in any other film in this film however it oddly works to this films advantage simply because if this film did have a plot it would actually do harm to the film since this films main focus isn't it's plot it's it's characters and that is something that I very freaking strongly feel would have been lost if this film did actually have some kind of plot to speak of in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Alana Haim as Alana Kane , Cooper Hoffman as Gary Valentine and Sean Penn as Jack Holden. Also starring in this film is Tom Waits as Rex Blau , Bradley Cooper as Jon Peters , Benny Safdie as Joel Wachs , Emma Dumont as Brenda , Maya Rudolph as Gale , Skyler Gisondo as Lance , Mary Elizabeth Ellis as Momma Anita , Joseph Cross as Matthew , Nate Mann as Brian and John C. Reilly as Fred Gwynne.

Now then as for what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was really freaking good. Which given that alot of this films main cast of actors and actresses the fact that this film had actually good acting within it was something that I was in all honesty pleasantly surprised to see / to be the case in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



So now then this film seems to be a love letter to classic hollywood with quite a few actors and actresses from that era being represented in this film in varying degrees. This is in all honesty something that I personally really loved since it then gave the film the chance to reference older films and older TV shows that I personally either still really love or did really love and it's something that I really did like about this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then there was a shockingly high amount of improvisation in this film since almost every single line of dialog that's spoken by actor Moti Haim is improvised and that is something that I really do feel helps this film out alot. Since it makes those scenes feel all the more authentic and at times downright freaking hilarious / funny which is something that really did work well enough for this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

So then what also adds to this films act for including improvisation is the fact that none of this films young actors even knew that Bradley Cooper was going to be in this film. Which means that the first scene that the this films young cast filmed with him those exact same young actors and actresses where seeing him in full costume and as well as finding out that he's even in the film for the very first time which means that we get alot of very naturel reactions which not only helped the film out quite tremendously but it also helped out with this films acting as well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.  


Now then one of the things that I really didn't like about the film is the fact that not only is there no real plot to the film but also the character of Gary Valentine can come across as being a bit of d*ck at freaking times. Which I guess makes sense since the character of Gary Valentine is meant to be at the very freaking least fifteen or even sixteen years old but it also goes along in making the character of Gary Valentine seem like / come across as being a rather freaking unlikeable character in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

So now then this film has / had a grand total running time of exactly two hours and eight minuets and forty three seconds. Which is in all honesty a tad bit of a long running time for this film simply because of what I said about this g=films plot and when you add in this films really freaking long running time it adds up to making this freaking film feel a tad bit boring at times in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Now then this film is meant to be a comedy film after all which means that I have to talk about the actual jokes that are actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well in all honesty I in all honest personally thought / felt that the actual jokes that are actually featured / presented to us in this very film were really freaking good. With alot of this films jokes being genuinely laugh out loud funny which for a comedy film is always a freaking good thing indeed in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Overall this film was alot better of a film then what I personally thought / felt that it was going to be but that's doesn't mean that this film is without faults tho it's just that this films faults didn't hinder my overall enjoyment of the film when infact that actually added to my overall enjoyment of the film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 9.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from Wikipedia , the official Trolls fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my preferred website to use to get images from this film being Google Images just simply due to the fact that alot of the images that are on Google Images are all fairly high quality and as well as being fairly high definition.














Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts