Dune 2021 Film SPOILER FREE Film Review

 


Film fans director Denis Villeneuve is very quickly becoming one of the most sort after directors in all of Hollywood as of right now and well he's back with yet another film and this is the film many of us myself included have been very freaking super excited to see and so then. In order to keep things fair and on point this film review will be a spoiler free film review and so join me as I review the 2021 film that is called simply just "Dune" enjoy.

The plot of this film is the son of a noble family is entrusted with the protection of the most valuable asset and most vital element in the galaxy. That's really all that I can add to summarise the plot of this film because there's so much going on in this film that it was honestly hard for me to work out what the actual plot of the film even was so much so that I just grabbed that summery of of IMDB but from what little plot I could understand and thus follow the plot of the film was really freaking good in my opinion anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides , Rebecca Ferguson as Jessica Atreides and Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides. Also starring in this film is Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck , Stellan Skarsgård as Vladimir Harkonnen , Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban Harkonnen , Stephen McKinley Henderson is Thufir Hawat , Zendaya as Chani Kynes , Chang Chen as Wellington Yueh , Sharon Duncan-Brewster as Liet Kynes , Charlotte Rampling as Gaius Helen Mohiam , Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho , Javier Bardem as Stilgar and David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries.

Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the acting that's featured / presented to us in this very film in all honesty I in all honesty thought / felt that the acting that's featured / presented to us in this very film was really freaking. Which is something that shouldn't come as a surprise to absolutely anyone since pretty much all of these actors and actresses are really good actors and actresses and when you add in the fact that all of Denis Villeneuve films have some really good acting in them it only makes sense that this film would follow suit and would thus also have some really good acting within in my opinion anyways / at least.



Doing the CGI effects for this film are Double Negative , Clear Angle Studios , Lidar Guys , Rodeo FX and Territory Studio. Now then as for what I personally thought / felt about the CGI that's featured / presented to us in this very film in all honesty I in all honesty thought / felt that the CGI that's featured / presented to us in this very film was so freaking good which I was genuinely surprised at because Denis Villeneuve doesn't really make films that feature alot of CGI in his films and so to see him use quite alot of GI in this film and have that CGI be really good was really freaking shocking in my opinion anyways / at least.  



Now then for those of you that don't know this film is the second ever live action feature length film version of the Frank Herbert novel. However unlike the 1984 film version by writer and director David Lynch this film is actually a two part adaptation of the novel / book which given that the novel is four hundred and twelve pages long and every single adaptation has always been difficult to get made just simply due to much story that there is in the books making this film a two part film adaptation is a very good thing in my opinion anyways / at least.

However with that being said there was absolutely nothing that was in the actual marketing for this film that even as so much hinted at this film as being the first part in a two part film adaptation and as such I really wouldn't blame you if you got mad at this film for just ending midway through the novel and it's story. Since that is quite an annoying thing to do since it makes the makers of this film seem lazy and greedy at the exact same time in my opinion anyways / at least.



So now then as is to be expected with any one of Denis Villeneuve's films this film is very visually stunning to look at and just like with both Arrival and Blade Runner 2049 this film is also what I would consider to be a smart sci-fi / science fiction film and by that I mean. That this film actually requires you to think and well I have to be honest I love these sorts of films since nine times out of ten these films are indeed very freaking good films indeed with films like Blade Runner 2049 and Arrival both being criminally underrated and very freaking visually stunning films to look at in my opinion anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had a grand total running time of exactly two hours and twenty eight minuets and thirty three seconds and yeah the running time is an issue that I have with this film. Since even tho this film is being cut into two this film is still far to long and as such the first hour at least / or so of this film comes across as being very boring so much so that I found myself checking Twitter which is something that you never ever want people to do when they are watching a piece of media be it a film , a TV show or whatever in my opinion anyways / at least.


Now then according to IMDB this film is being listed as an action film on IMDB anyways and so that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's featured / presented to us in this very film and well in all honesty I in all honesty thought / felt that the actual action that's featured / presented to us in this in this very film was very bland at best. Which shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone since this films co-writer , co-producer and director Denis Villeneuve hasn't really directed an action movie before now and so he wouldn't really know how to make a good looking scene which is a shame because the action in this film just like the rest of this film is filled to the brim with very stunning visuals in my opinion anyways / at least.


Overall even tho this film has a very much unneeded running time this film is still a joy to watch and it's a film that I would very highly recommend that any self respecting film fan or even any kind of self respecting film buff should watch be it in the cinema or when the the film comes out on HBO Max. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this film gets a grand old score of exactly an 8.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official The Matrix fandom wiki page ,the official Dune fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images this film being Google Images this is because all of the images that I got and that currently up , featured and on Google Images are all fairly high in quality and as well as being fairly high in definition.
















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts