Snake Eyes AKA Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins 2021 Film SPOILER FREE!!!!!!!!!! Review

 


GI Joe fans the GI Joe franchise has spawned two pretty freaking bad live action film adaptations in the past but the best part of both films was always the character of Snake Eyes and so when it came to developing spin off films that are based on the GI Joe franchise. It only made sense that the first GI Joe spin off film would focus on Snake Eyes and well that film is finally here and my oh my do I have some feeling to say about this film and so join me as I give you my spoiler free review / opinions of the film that is freaking called simply just "Snake Eyes" AKA "Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins" enjoy.

Now then here is where I would normally give you a general summery of what the plot of the film is and as well as give my thoughts / opinions on the plot of the film as a whole. However the makers behind this film chose to make sure that this film doesn't have a plot whatsoever and so all we are left with is a film where stuff just happens for nearly two hours and that's it and the fact that this film has no real plot to speak of whatever is the first of many things that are wrong / that this film does wrong in my opinion anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Henry Golding as Snake Eyes , Andrew Koji as Thomas "Tommy" Arashikage and Úrsula Corberó as The Baroness. Also starring in this film is Samara Weaving as Scarlett , Iko Uwais as Hard Master , Haruka Abe as Akiko , Takehiro Hira as Kenta , Peter Mensah as Blind Master , Steven Allerick as Snake Eyes’ Father , Samuel Finzi as Mr. Augustine , Eri Ishida as Sen and former WWF / WWE Superstar / Wrestler Mojo Rawley as Bruiser Streetfighter.

Now then as for what I personally thought about the acting that's featured / presented to us in this very film in all honesty the acting that's featured / resented to us in this very film isn't that bad. However the issue is that the acting that's featured / presented to us in this very film isn't that good either since all of the actors and actresses that are starring in this film just give very passable performances which is a shame because alot of these actors and actresses have proven that they can infact act really well and so it's both shocking and as well sad to see that those exact same actors and actresses just turn in very passable performances in this film.   


Doing the CGI effects that are seen / presented to us in this very film is Mr. X who are perhaps most well known for doing the CGI effects for the live action Resident Evil films since they've really done nothing else of note apart from Wandavision and Monster Hunter. In terms of what I thought about the CGI effects that are in this film in all honesty the CGI effects that are in this film do look good but at the same time the CGI effects that are in this film don't really stand out that much because the film does nothing cool with the CGI effects that are in this film.


Now then this is something that I personally didn't know but this film is actually meant to be a reboot of the live action GI Joe film franchise. Which I personally don't really think was a smart move since G.I. Joe: Retaliation actually more money at the box office then G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra did and as such it would have made sense to continue to produce films that are set within the original GI Joe live action film timeline since even tho both G.I. Joe: Retaliation and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra got alot of negative reviews they both still somehow managed to make alot of money for film studio Paramount Pictures.

I will very fully admit that making a movie based around / on the G.I. Joe character of Snake Eyes is indeed a good idea. However the issue is that this film does nothing new or interesting or even cool with the character it's just your typical origin story and nothing which for a character this cool it's just a waste of a cool idea which is a shame because if the makers of this film did a page one rewrite of the script then they could have done something really cool and interesting and new with this cool and interesting character but instead the makers of this film chose to keep the script the way that it is which means that we are left with a boring and predictable action film / film.


While I can't really say that this film is indeed a bad film it's also not a good film either since it does get one fundamental thing wrong abut the character of Snake Eyes. Which is he doesn't talk at all he took a vow of silence to honour his master and yet this version of Snake Eyes doesn't shut up he's always talking and the fact that he's always talking makes the character seem annoying since all he's doing most of the time is complaining or asking questions and that's it but to this films credit by having Snake Eyes talk it is doing something different with the character but just because it's something different doesn't always / necessarily mean that's good it just means that it's doing something different and that's it.

Now then this film has a grand total running time of exactly one hour and fifty two minuets and fifty seconds and well if i'm being while the film does indeed have good pacing for the most part it's first thirty minuets or so that have bad pacing and thus feel rather slow and not really helping the issue is the fact that like I said at the start of this review that the film has no real plot to speak of. Which is why this film desperately needed a page one rewrite since then you could have addressed and thus hopefully have fixed alot of if not almost all of the issues that this film has but anyways that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinions anyways / at least. 


Now then since this film is an action film after all that means that I do infact have to actually talk about the action that's featured / presented to us in this very film and well if i'm being very brutally honest here people but the action that's featured / presented to us in this film is in all honesty really freaking good. At least it is when you can actually see the action that's taking place in this film since this film makes alot of use of shaky cam during this films many action sequences but from what little action that I could actually make out the action that's in this film did seem to be rather cool and very freaking entertaining.


Overall out of the three live action G.I. Joe films that are out there and have been made this is perhaps one of the worst ones simply because it's waste of a cool idea and it's a waste of perhaps the coolest character in the G.I. Joe multi media franchise in my opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this film in this very review and as such that means that this film gets freaking a grand total score of a 5.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I got all of the images that I used in this very review well then boys and girls and ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I used in this very review from the Joepedia fandom wiki page (Joepedia is the name if the official G.I. Joe fandom wiki page bye the way / incase you didn't know) and Google Images with my personally preferred website to use to get the images that are from this film that I ended up using in this very is Google Images simply Google Images has alot of images that are from this very film and also because alot of if not all of the images that are currently up and on Google Images are all fairly high in quality and as well as being fairly high definition.
























Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts