The Mitchells Vs. The Machines Film Review

 

Well then guys and girls there's a good reason as to why there hasn't been any reviews or posts from me in the past week or so with that reason being simply that I was on holiday. Well now i'm back but sadly while I was away on my holiday there were to very different animated products that came out and well i'm going to hopefully be spending the next few days taking a look at the animated products in questions and so join me as I review the 2020 film that has seemingly took the animation world on fire with that / the film in question being called simply "The Mitchells Vs. The Machines" enjoy this post / review everyone.


The plot of this film is aspiring filmmaker Katie Mitchell has to go a family road trip with her family in order to get to the college or her dreams however a robot apocalypse breaks out and so it's up to the Mitchell family to save the world before it's far two late. In terms of what I thought bout the plot of this film / movie in all honesty the plot of this film / movie was really good and it was honestly really refreshing even tho you can very easily see some of the films plot points coming a mile away it's still seeing how we reach / get to those certain plot points. 


Starring in this film is Danny McBride as Rick Mitchell , Abbi Jacobson as Katie Mitchell , Maya Rudolph as Linda Mitchell and this films director / co-director and as  well as bring this films co-writer we have Mike Rianda as Aaron Mitchell. Also starring in this film is Eric Andre as Mark Bowman , Olivia Colman as PAL , Blake Griffin as PAL MAX Prime , Doug The Pug as Monchi , Fred Armisen as Deborahbot 5000 , Beck Bennett as Eric and PAL MAX Robots , Chrissy Teigen as Hailey Posey , John Legend as Jim Posey , Charlyne Yi as Abby Posey , Conan O’Brien as Glaxxon 5000 , Sasheer Zamata as Jade , Jay Pharaoh as Noah , Gravity Falls creator Alex Hirsch as Dirk and Elle Mills as Hanna.

In terms of what I thought about the acting that's featured / presented to us in this very film in all honesty the acting that's featured / presented to us in this film is so freaking good. Since / with all of the actors that are starring in this film giving some really good performances and given that alot of these actors / actresses are known for not really giving good performances in their films or TV shows the fact that they managed to turn in some really good performances in this film is in my opinion at least a very good thing.


Doing the animation for this film is of course Sony Pictures Imageworks and quite possibly Picturemill and I say that quite possibly Picturemill helped with doing the animation for this film since the IMDB page for this film doesn't really make it that clear if they helped do the animation for this film or not. As for what I thought about the animation that's featured / presented to us in this film in all honesty I felt that the animation that's featured / presented to us in this very film was very well done and you can tell that whoever was animating this particular film had a lot of fun animating this film because it shows in this film in my very honest and as well as being in my very humble opinion anyways.


Now while watching this film I couldn't help but get flashbacks to Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse simply because the animation in both this film and as well as being in Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse was similar. Since both films blend both 3D CGI animation and as well 2D hand drawn animation with the 2D hand drawn animation in this film being used to represent how the main character of Katie Mitchell feels about certain things and as well to add energy to already some very highly energized scenes.

Now this is something that I don't think many people have noticed or if they have I don't think that they've talked about it but the heart of this film is the relationship between Katie Mitchell and her father Rick Mitchell. I honestly thought that this was both a rather predictable and as well as being a rather interesting thing to do with the film since even tho we've seen this plot line / angle play out in other films it was still rather refreshing and interesting seeing how this film handled that plot line / angle in my opinion.


Now even tho i do like the title of this film which incase you've all forgotten already is simply just "The Mitchells Vs. The Machines" I personally prefer / preferred this films original title which for those of you that don't know this film was originally going to be called simply just "Connected" simply because it was a catchier title then "The Mitchells Vs. The Machines" is. This film was also going to be released last year but due to the still on going pandemic the film got delayed and then Netflix bought the film and for some strange reason they also changed the title of the film.

Now then boys and girls this particular film is a shockingly long one hour and fifty minuets and thirty three seconds long. Which I personally felt that this film didn't need to be one hour and fifty minuets and thirty three seconds long since there's not really enough there in terms of plot / story to cover that long of a running time in my opinion and as such I do very very very strongly feel that you could have told this films story / plot in around one hour and thirty minuets and you would have to have lost nothing of importance to the actual plot but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


No then boys and girls this film is an action comedy and that does mean that I have to talk about both the action and as well as the comedy that's featured / presented to us in this / the actual film itself and if i'm being honest the action that's featured / presented to us in this film is really good and the same thing can also be said for the comedy in this film. Since both of the action and as well as being the comedy that's featured / presented to us in this film is very highly energized and in terms if the comedy that' featured / presented to us in this very film alot of the jokes in this film are really freaking funny as well with nearly all of the jokes that are featured / presented to us in this very film landing and getting a very big laugh out of me personally. 


Overall this was a decent / enough / really good film that you could almost argue that the faults that are in this film / resented to us in this film are apart of the films charm. With that being said since i've just now boys and girls talked about both of the good things and both of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review I have to give this film a high score because this film is that good and so then boys and girls this film gets a high score of an 8.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then boys and girls as for where I got the images that I used in this review well then boys and girls I personally got all of the images that I used in this very review from the official Netflix fandom wiki page , Google Images , the official Disney fandom wiki page , the official Marvel Movies fandom wiki page and finally the official Star Wars fandom wiki page. With my preferred website to use for the images that I personally used from the actual film in this very review being the official Netflix fandom wiki page just simply due to how high quality and as well as being how high definition the images on the official Netflix fandom wiki page well and truly are but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.
















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts