Mortal Kombat 2021 Film SPOILER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Review

 


Mortal Kombat fans the time has come the new Mortal Kombat movie has found it's way online a little less then a week before the film was due to be released in America. This does mean that i'm brining you my review of the film quite a few days earlier then I had originally intended and since all of the other Mortal Kombat reviews I had planned were due to lead up this review those reviews will now be scrapped entirely and so join me Mortal Kombat fans as I review the 2021 that alot of have been waiting for with the film itself being called simply "Mortal Kombat" enjoy.

The plot of this film some earths greatest fighters unite to compete in a tournament that will determine the fate of the earth all who live on earth. Yes I do realise that this film has the exact same plot line as the first Mortal Kombat film but to be fair the plot to alot of Mortal Kombat related media is the exact same plus I really do like how this film tells this story since alot more time is spent on developing this films characters but at the same time the story / plot of this film is pretty freaking weak at best with the plot of this film just coming and going whenever it damn well pleases. 


Starring in this film is Lewis Tan as Cole Young , Jessica McNamee as Sonya Blade and Josh Lawson as Kano. Also starring in this film is Tadanobu Asano as Lord Raiden , Mehcad Brooks as Jax , Ludi Lin as Liu Kang , Chin Han as Shang Tsung , Joe Taslim as Bi-Han / Sub-Zero , Hiroyuki Sanada as Hanzo Hasashi / Scorpion , Max Huang as Kung Lao , Sisi Stringer as Mileena , Mel Jarnson as Nitara and Nathan Jones as Reiko.

In terms of what I thought about the acting that's featured / presented to us in this film in all honesty the acting that's featured / presented to us in this film is alot better then it really had any right to be. By that I mean nobody expects great or even good or even just above average acting from a live action Mortal Kombat movie but no all of the actors that are in this film really a good job at portraying their respective characters but that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.



Doing the CGI for this film is Day For NIte , Method Studios , Mill Film , Moving Picture Company , Mr. X and Rising Sun Pictures. Just like with the acting that's featured / presented to us in this film the CGI that's in this film is alot better then it had any right to be since the live action Mortal Kombat films had very bad CGI in them I had no hope that the CGI in this film would be good however I was pleasantly surprised at how good the CGI that's featured / presented to us in this film well and truly was in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.



There had been a rumour of a more mature Mortal Kombat film dating all the way back to 2010 when director Kevin Tancharoen released the Mortal Kombat short film with the film itself being called simply "Mortal Kombat: Rebirth" and while no feature film came from this short film it did tell Warner bros that there was an audience out there that wanted this more mature Mortal Kombat film and well I have to say that it was worth the wait. Since this film is so freaking cool let's just hope that we don't have to wait eleven more years for a possible sequel to this film.

Incase you guys don't know or you guys have been living comfortably under a rock this film is rated R / R rated and my god does this film take full advantage of that R rating. The Mortal Kombat films are films that well and truly need to be rated R since the games that the films are based on are very violent and very gory and i'm shocked that it's taken us twenty six years to get our first R rated live action Mortal Kombat movie and yes I will be talking more about how this film takes full advantage of it's R rating later on in this very review and yes it will be spoiler free so you have no reason to worry about this film being spoiled in anyway whatsoever.


I've given this film alot of praise so far but there are some things that I don't like about the film the first of which being that this film doesn't fully embrace it's silliness / goofiness. Which this film should really do because the idea behind Mortal Kombat as whole is a pretty silly / goofy idea and I didn't like the fact that instead of using a preexisting character as our main hero the makers of this film chose instead to have a newly created character who is created / made exclusively for this film be the main character of the film which I didn't like just because there are other Mortal Kombat characters who could have been the lead character and I have a feeling that many die hard Mortal Kombat fans will feel the exact same way that I do.

This film has a shockingly short running time of one hour and thirty eight minutes and fifty five seconds. Which I felt for this film that running time was a bit short since there was more then / than enough story to cover up to at least a two hour running time and so with the fact that this film is under one hour and forty minuets (with alot of that time being taken up by scenes that add nothing to the plot) that means that the film has to rush through alot of plot points which means that those plot points can't quite land / work as well as they would have done if this film was at least two hours long.


Now then boys and girls this is an action film after all and there is action that's in this film and so it makes sense that I now have to talk about the action that's in the actual film itself and this is where the film takes full advantage of it's R rating. Since you get to see stuff that you simply wouldn't get to see with anything other and an R rating and sadly I cannot tell you what those things because they are spoilers but I will say that you get to see a lot of really stuff happen in the action scenes in this film and i'll say it right now the final fight in this film is so freaking cool and as well so freaking fun to watch which is always a good thing for any action film regardless of if your a Mortal Kombat film or not since having cool moments in your action scenes just makes your action scenes are lot better but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


Overall this is such a good film and it's one that I very highly recommend that you guys check out when it comes to both HBO Max and into theaters / cinemas this coming Friday. Now then boys and girls i've talked about both of the good and as well as both of the bad things that is / are to be found in this film in this very review and as such this film gets a 7.5 out of 10 from me , As for where I got the images that I used in this review well i got all and I do mean all of the images that I used in this very review from the official Mortal Kombat fandom wiki page and nowhere else and since I only went to the official Mortal Kombat fandom wiki page and nowhere else for all of the images that I used in this review. I have no choice but to recommend that you guys use the official Mortal Kombat fandom wiki page if you want to use any image from anything regarding Mortal Kombat and yes I did use "other methods" to watch this film but I don't condone watching any film using the methods that I used since you should always watch a film legally and so I say do as I say and not do as I do.















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts