Mortal Kombat 1995 Film Review

 

Mortal Kombat fans we are but a little over a week away from the new Mortal Kombat movie being released on both HBO Max and and being released in theaters and as such i've possibly planned something rather special with a mega Mortal Kombat series of tie in reviews that if this series goes ahead will comprise of this film , Mortal Kombat Annihilation , the debut episode of Mortal Kombat: Conquest , Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins and the debt episode of Mortal Kombat: Defenders Of The Realm. So then lets get this hopefully mega series of reviews started the 1995 film that is called simply "Mortal Kombat" enjoy.

The plot of this film is a team of fighters from earth is assembled to fight in a tournament that will determine the fate of the earth and all of the people of earth. In terms of what I thought about the plot of this film in all honesty the plot of this film is really kind of simply and that honestly does work in this films favour since the film isn't focused on telling a deep and complex story and neither should it be instead the focus of this film is where you'd want the focus on Mortal Kombat to be and that's the fights but at the same time I do wish that there was a better storyline / plotline for this film but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.

Starring in this film is Christopher Lambert as Lord Raiden , Robin Shou as Liu Kang and Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage. Also starring in this film is Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung , Bridgette Wilson as Sonya Blade , Talisa Soto as Kitana , Trevor Goddard as Kano , Chris Casamassa as Scorpion , Mortal Kombat Co-Creator Ed Boon as The Voice Of Scorpion , François Petit as Sub-Zero , Kevin Michael Richardson as The Voice Of Goro and i'm not kidding we also have voice acting legend Frank Welker as The Voice Of Reptile and as The Voice Of Shao Kahn.

In terms of what I thought about the acting that's presented to us / is featured in this film in all honesty the acting that's presented to us / is featured in this film is at best OK. Nobody goes into a video game movie expecting the acting to be good and sadly that is also the case since even tho there some good performances with Robin Shou , Kevin Michael Richardson , Frank Welker , Linden Ashby and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa being the only actors that are actually trying to put in a decent performance with the rest of actors just not bothering to turn in / put in a decent performance whatsoever but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


Doing the CGI for this film are Buena Vista Visual Effects , Amalgamated Dynamics and R/Greenberg Associates West. I will fully admit that for a mid nineties film the CGI in this film isn't as bad as it perhaps could have been but at the same time the effects in this film have dated horribly which is understandable since like i said this is a mid nineties film and the technology that we have now just wasn't there back in the mid nineties and so they couldn't that good a CGI effects in mid nineties but that's jus what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


I honestly cannot find the words to describe to you all how cheesy this film well and truly is however in this case being very cheesy isn't a bad thing. Since the video games could also be seen as cheesy since they are so over the top with their gore and violence and so it makes sense that this film would be really cheesy as well since it would then be able to capture the spirit of the original games but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very , very honest opinion anyways.

I will fully admit that I wasn't prepared for this film to be as gory it was this film got an American film rating of PG13 which over here in the UK translates to roughly a 12 or a 12a but even so this film is very freaking gory. Which I guess makes sense since like I said the games are very gory and as such it makes sense that this film would also be pretty gory as well but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


There's no getting around it but this film is a pretty film everything about this film and how this film presents it's plotline simply shouldn't work and yet somehow all of the things that really shouldn't work in this film actually end up working really well in this film. I have a feeling that this might be because this film director Paul Anderson might be a fan of the Mortal Kombat games since only a fan of the Mortal Kombat games would know how to capture the spirit of the original Mortal Kombat games and translate that into / onto / on to the film but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.

This film has a total running time of on hour and forty one minuets and twenty six seconds which for a film that's pretty light on plot this film is a bit on the long side in my personally , humble and very honest opinion. If anything this film should have been at least one hour nd twenty minuets since realistically this film doesn't have enough plot to cover one hour and thirty minuets but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways. 


Now then boys and girls this film is a / an action film after all that means that I do have to actually talking about the action that's in the actual film itself and in my opinion the action that's featured / presented to us in this film is the best part of the actual film itself. This is because in my opinion the makers of this film put alot more focus into this films action sequences and fight scenes then they did in crafting a deep and complex or even good plot which makes sense since the Mortal Kombat games are known not only for their blood and gore but for their fighting as well and so it makes sense to me at least this film would have lots of really good and as well as really cool action scenes and lots of really good and lots of really cool looking / cool fight scenes but that's just what I think anyways and that's just in my very , very humble and as well as being in my very honest opinion anyways.


Overall this film is honestly a pretty film but it's also a film that's so bad it's actually good since all of this films flaws are also what makes this film very enjoyable in my personal and very humble opinion. Now then boys and girls i've talked about both of the good things that are to be found in this film and both of the bad things that's to b found in this very film in this very review and as such this film gets a 5.5 out of 10 from me. 

As for where I got the images that I used in this very review well I got all of the images that I used in this very review from Google Images and the official Mortal Kombat fandom wiki page. With my preferred choice to get images from this film being oddly enough Google Images since even tho the images that are to be found on the official Mortal Kombat fandom wiki page are indeed high quality and as well very high definition in some cases there's just not that many images from his film which isn't the case with Google Images. 

 















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts