Captain America: The Winter Soldier Film Review

 


Marvel fans I promised you all that i'd cover more of the older films that are set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and well I meant it. I will fully admit that i've seen the film that i'm reviewing today once which was back when the film was first released all the way back in 2014 but with The Falcon And The Winter Soldier starting in little over a months time I thought bow would be the perfect time to re-watch and review this film for the first time and so join me as I review the film that is simply called "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" enjoy.

The plot of this film is someone has compromised SHIELD and this forces Steve Rogers / Captain America as well as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow to go on the run and find out who has compromised SHIED what there goal is and put a stop to that goal before it's to late. In terms of what I thought about the plot of this film the plot to this film was honestly really good and was honestly really well told in my opinion it also helps that the plot to / of this film is honestly really engaging as well as really gripping in my opinion. 


Starring in this film is Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. Also starring in the film is Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow , Robert Redford as Alexander Pierce , Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes / Winter Soldier , Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson / Falcon , Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill , Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow , Maximiliano Hernández as Jasper Sitwell and Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter.

In terms of what I thought about the acting that's in this film in all honesty the acting in this film is honestly really freaking good and yea I know that I say that for pretty all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films but that's because I feel that it's true. Yes all of the returning actors do a good job acting in this film but so do all of the new cast as well who honestly more then hold there own when it comes to acting with the returning cast members in my opinion.


Doing the CGI for this film are Industrial Light & Magic , Base FX , Scanline VFX , Luma Pictures , Trixter , Cantina Creative, Perception , Lola Visual Effects , The Embassy , Whiskytree , RISE Visual Effects Studios , Logan , Sony Pictures Imageworks , Technicolor and Capital T. Now what I thought was shocking (simply because i'm used to seeing a ton of CGI effects in these Marvel Cinematic Universe films) is that there wasn't that many CGI effects shots in this film with the film makers instead using more practical effects and only using CGI effects when it's absolutely necessary and as for what I thought of the CGI effects in this the CGI effects in this film for the most part looked really good and I say for the most since there are a few CGI effects in this film that don't look that good and those bad looking CGI effects stand out mile but those bad CGI effects are few and far between with nearly all f the CGI effects in this film looking really good in my opinion.


As if a few of the Marvel Cinematic Universe films that came out around the time of Agents Of Shield season one there was a tie in to this film. However unlike the Thor: The dark World tie in which just had the Agents of Shield cast of characters arrive at a location after Thor: The Dark World the tie for this film was set during this film and hell the tie in for this film lasted a few episodes which made the tie in feel more like a big deal.

I'm not going to lie I loved the Agents of Shield / Captain America: The Winter Solider tie in just because it made the events of this film seem bigger and more impactful. Simply because it was showing how the events of this film impacted other corners of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and I loved that simply because if you were judging the events of this film just from seeing this film what happens in this film would seem small in scale and yet when you factor in Agents Of Shield which is also set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe it now makes this film seem bigger because your seeing how the plot of this film effects other corners of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.


This film has a running time of two hours and fifteen minuets and fifty four seconds so let's round that up to two hours and sixteen minuets. I honestly feel that this film lasts the right amount simply because this film had more then enough story to cover that running time however with that said this film has some pretty bad pacing with the film more often then not feeling like it's a chore to sit through which is a shame because if the film did pick up the pacing a little bit we would have a truly great film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe in my opinion.

There really is no singular villain in this film since the organization simply known as HYDRA are the main villains of the film and I have to say making an entire organization the villains is a bad move. Simply because it's never made clear who the top guy in HYDRA is and as such it makes it hard to say if the heroes actually won in the end however I will fully admit that knowing that HYDRA agents have possibly been in other Marvel Cinematic Universe films and TV shows is in my opinion a pretty freaking cool idea simply because it leaves you wondering which character is truly evil and which character isn't truly evil or at least that's what I think anyways.


Now then boys and girls this is an action film and so that means that I have to talk about the action that's in the actual film itself. In my opinion the action in this film is so freaking cool that actually made Captain America kind of bada*s in this film since we get to see Steve Rogers / Captain America do lots of cool looking stunts and the best action scene in the entire film is the fight scene in the elevator / lift just because it was so cool seeing Steve Rogers / Captain America take on all of those guys and hell no other action scene in this film tops that fight scene in the elevator / lift in my opinion.



Overall this is honestly a really freaking good film in my opinion with there being tons of action and tons of humour. However this isn't a perfect film since i've discussed both the good and bad things about / in this film in this very review and as such that means that this film gets an 8.5 out of 10 from me and as for where I got the images that I used in this review well I got the images that I used in this review from the official Marvel Cinematic Universe fandom wiki page and nowhere else , since I only went to the official Marvel Cinematic Universe for the images that I used in this review and nowhere else I have no choice but to recommend that you guys use the official Marvel Cinematic Universe fandom wiki page if you want to use images from anything regarding the Marvel Cinematic Universe be the images from films , TV shows , comics or video games since all of the images on the Marvel Cinematic Universe fandom wiki page are very high definition.














Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts