Frozen Film Review

 


Disney fans Disney have produced alot of classic animated films over the years but none of those films hit pop culture quite as fast as the film that i'm about to review today. When the film that i'm reviewing today was released it was everywhere and I mean everywhere you couldn't escape this film even if you wanted to and hell this film got so popular that there are quite a few TV documentaries just about the making f the film as well as there being a made for TV special , two short films , a stage production and a feature length film and so join me as I review the 2013 CGI Disney film with the film itself being called simply "Frozen" enjoy.

The plot of the film is Princess Anna tries to find her sister Queen Elsa and get her to melt the snow that has trapped their village in an eternal winter. I'll admit that the summery that I just gave of the films story doesn't make the film sound exciting or good but it's honestly a true representation of the films story and in all honesty the film does a great job of telling this story as well as adding in plenty of twists and turns that keep the story from being boring and predictable.


Starring in the film is Kristen Bell as Anna , Idina Menzel as Elsa , Jonathan Groff as Kristoff and Josh Gad as Olaf. Also starring in the film is Santino Fontana as Hans , Former Firefly Star Alan Tudyk as The Duke Of Weselton , Ciarán Hinds as Grand Pabbie , Co-Director Of The 2006 Disney Film Which I called Bolt Chris Williams as Oaken , Maia Wilson as Bulda , Paul Briggs as Marshmallow , Maurice LaMarche as The King Of Arendelle and writer and co-director Jennifer Lee as The Queen Of Arendelle.

As for what I thought about the acting in the film it honestly wasn't that bad in my humble opinion since all of the actors do a really good job in my honest opinion. To me what helps the actors is the fact that the script gives the actors alot to work with in terms of the characters personality and as such the actors are allowed to give great performances which is something that the actors wouldn't be able to do if the script was in my opinion but like I said the script for this film is honestly really good since again like I said the script gives the actors alot to work with in terms of the characters personality


Doing the animation for this film is of course the greats and legends over at Walt Disney Animation Studios. What is there to say about the animation in this film film (which is called Frozen incase you've all forgotten) that hasn't already been said because yeah the animation is truly beautiful to look at with all of the colours popping and all of the characters that have limbs moving like actual humans and characters like Olaf having a more I guess zany style of movement which is something that I honestly liked and it was a nice little touch in my opinion.


Now then I like quite a few of you that didn't watch Frozen when it was released in 2013 have a hatred for the "Let It Go" and can you blame because the song was played like every five minuets on the radio and the video was played every five minuets on music TV channels. I get that the song is popular but in 2013 when Frozen was first released you couldn't escape the song and that has turned what is a decent song in my opinion to one that I just wanted to end due to how much the song was played back in 2013 when Frozen was first released.

This film has something which is now a trend in modern Disney animated films (or at least the animated films that are made by Walt Disney Animation Studios and get a theatrical release) and that's the fact that this film has a lame surprise villain. Having a surprise villain can indeed be a good idea but you have to make that villain an interesting character which is sadly something this films (which is called Frozen incase you've all forgotten) surprise villain Hans (played wonderfully by Santino Fontana) who is simply a generic villain with nothing that interesting about his character hell we don't even get to find out what his personality is like and so he comes of as a two dimensional villain but here's the thing tho when Hans isn't the villain he's honestly quite a charming and funny character and as such I feel that Hans (who again is played wonderfully by Santino Fontana) should have stayed the good guy simply because that suits his character more in my opinion.


This film has a running time of one hour and forty two minuets and twelve seconds which I honestly feel is perfect for this film. Since the film doesn't have alot of story as such making the film anywhere even close to two hours or even one hour and fifty to one hour and fifty five minuets would end up hurting the film since anything that fans of Frozen would see as at best very minor issues would now become very major plus with the one hour and forty two minuets and twelve seconds running time it means that every single scene has to be about advancing the plot and advancing the characters and because of that one hour and forty two minuets and twelve second running time that the film honestly has some rather solid pacing in my opinion.

Now then boys and girls this is a musical which means that that I have to talk about the songs in the film with the songs themselves being written by husband and wife songwriting tam / duo Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez. I feel that the songs in this film are honestly really good even "Let It Go" is a really good song and for once it would be hard for me to choose my favourite song in the film since like i said all of the sings in this film (which is called Frozen incase you've all forgotten) are all really good in my opinion.


Now then boys and girls since this is a comedy that does mean that I have to talk about the comedy / jokes that are in the film. I get that this film is meant for little kids or even little little kids but to me that's no excuse for having some unfunny jokes which is sadly the case here since there are alot of unfunny jokes in this film which is a shame because when the film does tell a funny joke it really does land but all comedy is subjective and so what I found to be unfunny you guys might find to be funny just like what you guys find to be unfunny I might find to be funny.


Overall this is honestly a really good film and I can very easily see why people like it and why it's become a modern Disney classic. However that doesn't make the film perfect since as i've discussed in this review the film does have plenty of issues however the film also has plenty of good things in it as like all of the bad things in this film i've discussed the good things in this film in this review as such this film gets an 8.5 out of 10 from me , as for where I got the images that I used in this review well i got the images that I used in this review from the official Disney fandom wiki page and since I only went to one website for the images that I used in this review I gave no choice but to recommend that you guys use the official Disney fandom wiki page due to the fact that the official Disney fandom wiki page has a lot of high quality images.














Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts