Frozen 2 AKA Frozen II Review

 


Ladies and gentlemen as you will all no doubt know yesterday I reviewed Frozen well little did you know there was a reason for that review. The Frozen franchise is one that has taken the world by storm and it honestly doesn't look like it's going to be slowing down anytime soon hell i'm shocked that they haven't announced Frozen 3 yet and well as with any hit film there are sequels or in this case one sequel and so join my as I review "Frozen 2" AKA "Frozen II" enjoy.

The plot of the film is Anna , Elsa , Kristoff , Olaf and Sven embark on journey beyond their kingdom since there is something threatening Arendelle. In all honesty the plot of this film isn't as good as the plot of the movie since it's needlessly complicated which is something that a sequel to Frozen should never be but at the same time the story is honestly really good and the story in this film is honestly really well told in my opinion.


Starring in the film is Kristen Bell as Queen Anna , Idina Menzel as Queen Elsa , Josh Gad as Olaf and Jonathan Groff as Kristoff and Sven. Also starring in this film are Sterling K. Brown as Mattias , Evan Rachel Wood as Iduna , Alfred Molina as Agnarr , Martha Plimpton as Yelena , Jason Ritter as Ryder , Rachel Matthews as Honeymaren , Jeremy Sisto as Runeard , Ciarán Hinds as Pabbie and Aurora as The Voice.

In all honesty the acting in this film was on par with the acting in the first film which for me at least is kind of a good thing since the acting in the first film was so good. However at the same time it also means that you know what kind of performances the returning actors are going to give and as such it's not really as shocking when they deliver the exact performance that you knew that the returning actors in this film where going to give.


Doing the animation for this film is of course the greats and the legends over at Walt Disney Animation Studios. Like with the first film the animation here in this film is so freaking good and honestly if I were watching both of these Frozen films just for the animation alone i'd go with this film any day of the week since the quality of the animation is so much better then the quality of the animation in the first film which is really saying something because the first film had really great animation in it as well in my opinion.


One of the things that I didn't like about this film is that Kristoff doesn't get as much screen time hell he doesn't even play apart in the film's plot i'm not kidding you could remove Kristoff from the plot of this movie and the plot of this movie doesn't change at all. Hell at one point Kristoff (who is played by Jonathan Groff) straight up disappears from the movie and guess what the characters don't mention him at all and the story isn't effects by Kristoff absence which makes me wonder why in the hell the makers of this film bothered to include Kristoff in the film since he does nothing that adds to the plot of the film.

I will give this film credit for being brave enough to kill of not one but two of it's main cast of characters. I honestly would have never suspected that a sequel to Frozen would have the courage to kill of to it's main of cast of characters and since the film came two years ago I have no trouble in seeing that the two characters that get killed of are Elsa and Olaf , however the film doesn't go all the way with their deaths since by the time the end credits of this film role both characters are brought back to life which to me at least makes their deaths have less of an impact because you know that there going to be brought back to life at the end of the film.


The Songs for this film were written by husband and wife writing duo / team / writing partners Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez. I have to be honest just like the first film the songs in this film were honestly really good and while I don't think that the songs in this film were as good or even as memorable as the songs in the first film the songs that are in this film are alot better then they perhaps could have been my personal favourites being "Into The Unknown" and "Show Yourself" since both of those songs are so good and are easily the best songs in the entire film in my opinion.

This film have a running time of one four and forty three minuets and thirteen seconds which out of the two Frozen films makes this film the longest by one minuet and one second. The running time of this film is something that I have an issue with since the film really didn't need to be that long at all you very easily could have told the story of this film is an hour and a half and you'd have to loose nothing important to the actual plot of the film but for some reason the makers of this film cared more about making this film longer rather then giving the film a running time that would fit the story that this film is telling us.


Now then boys and girls since this is a comedy that does mean that I have to talk about the comedy / jokes that are in the actual film itself. The comedy / jokes that are in this film are honestly pretty with very few of the jokes getting laughs and Olaf the franchises comic relief character coming across as annoying in this film which is a shame because in the first film (which was called Frozen duh hey it took me a while to write this once give me some credit) I actually liked Olaf but here I just wanted him to shut up for five minuets or at least tell a decent joke but I will admit the scene where he's recapping the first film was honestly pretty funny.



Overall why I think that Frozen is the better of the two Frozen films I have to give this film alot of credit for being brave enough to go as dark and as mature as it goes. However that doesn't make this film any good (don't forget this film is called Frozen 2 AKA Frozen II and again its taken me this long to write this once so give me some credit) since this film film has some issues but just like the film's many good things i've discussed both the good and the bad things in this very review as such this film gets a 7.5 out of 10 from me , and as for where I got the images that I used in this review well I got them from the official Disney fandom wiki page which I have no choice but to recommend since it was the only website that I went to from images from this film.



 







 

 

Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts