Noelle Review


OK Disney fans before I start this review proper I have to let you all know that I hate Christmas movies especially Christmas Comedies there boring and predictable to me and don't even get me started on Christmas Romance films. So then you'd think that i'd be put off by this movie however something happened to me when I watched the trailer I felt joy and it's that joy that made me want to watch the movie and so here is my review of Noelle and depending on where your seeing this review this will be one of two Christmas reviews i'm doing so enjoy.

The plot of the film is Kris Kringle passes away leaving his son Nick the title of Santa however Nick gets so stressed out about being the new Santa and so his sister Noelle tells him to take a break and when he does that things start to go wrong at the North Pole and so it's up to Noelle to bring her brother back before Christmas is ruined for everyone. I'll admit that I had no idea where the story was going apart from one twist which I called early one but apart from that the story is unpredictable and that works well for me.


Starring in the film is Anna Kendrick as Noelle Kringle , Bill Hader as Nick Kringle , Shirley MacLaine as Elf Polly , Billy Eichner as Gabriel Kringle , Julie Hagerty as Mrs. Kringle , Ron Funches as Elf Mortimer , Bryan Brendle as Kris Kringle , Maceo Smedley as Alex , Michael Gross as Elder Elf Abe , Kingsley Ben-Adir as Jake Hapman , Burgess Jenkins as Dan and Diana Maria Riva as Helen Rojas.

I have to say Anna is freaking perfectly cast in this movie she is so adorable and likeable in this movie so much so that I couldn't wait to see her on screen again. The rest of the cast do a solid job but all of them including the great Bill Hader just don't come of as good when compared to Anna that's not to say that they don't do a bad job but she just steals the show and every scene she's in that's how good she is in this film.


I will say that if you've seen the trailer for the film then you'll know that it gives away one key plot point which i'm not going to mention incase there are some that haven't seen the trailer. I have to wonder tho why they chose to include something like that in the trailer because now you already know what's going to happen before you even watch the movie and so the fun of seeing the story play out is gone because of the fact that you know what's going to happen.

It's not all sunshine and roses tho as I did find a few things wrong with the film the first being there's way to many Christmas based puns. I love a good pun as much as the next person but even I have my limits and this film reached those limits within the first five minuets of the film we get it your a Christmas movie you don't need to keep on shoving it in our faces every freaking chance that you get it doesn't make you cute it makes you annoying as hell.


This film is so sickly sweet that it will give you toothache just by watching the first few minuets of it that's how sweet the film is. I don't know why Christmas films need to be sweet as all hell but alot of them are I get why they are but it's not needed all the time sometimes showing us a harsher view of Christmas like A Christmas Carol is the is the way to go but nope every studio needs to release a sickeningly sweet Christmas movie.

I don't get why Disney and every other major studio for that matter choose to release their Christmas movies in the middle of November. I get why Disney did it with this movie because they launched it on Disney+ the day it launched so whatever but even so they could have added it to the platform in say early December when alot more people would be looking for Christmas movies anyway but it's not just Disney it's every single major studio that does this and it's annoying as hell.


The CGI in the film was done by Brainstorm Digital , Lola Visual Effects and Moving Picture Company and boy oh boy do I have some opinions on the CGI. To put it simply i've seen better CGI effects in straight to DVD movies and I can say that because this was meant to get a theatrical release at least two years ago and no the above picture isn't edited the effect on the baby reindeer is that bad I honestly want to know who gave the OK for these effects because I hope that they got fired because these effects are freaking bad.

This movie like pretty much every Christmas movie out there has the message that it's not about the presents it's about family. Which honestly isn't a bad message infact given that we now living in dark times it's one that is oddly welcomed however this film also has a second message that being presents aren't always wrapped they could be anything from a parent getting a job that they need to support there self and there kid to being able to do what it is that makes you happy and that's interesting to me because I don't think i've seen that message in any Christmas film.


Now then since this is a christmas comedy that does mean that there are alot of jokes to be found in this film well not that many when you remove all of the christmas puns. With that being said I personally found alot of the jokes in this film to be very funny and that's due to the fact that the adorable Anna Kendrick delivered them but with that being said there are few unfunny jokes but they are few and far between in my opinion.


Overall I liked this more then I did the Lady And The Tramp remake that's for sure because at least this film is trying something new and different that being said it's still a bad film and this film gets a 6.5 out of 10. Even tho it's getting the same score is the Lady And The Tramp remake this film in my opinion is just the right film to kick of the Christmas holidays and I can tell that as of right now this is the final Disney Christmas film i'm reviewing.

   





Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts