Once Upon A Girl Review


Yesterday animation fans I had a bit of an issue which you might not have noticed since I did a fairly good job of hiding it. That issue was how do you critique something that's clearly meant for little kids without being to harsh on it well today I have the exact same problem only instead of it being a for a kids film it's for an adult film and when I say adult I really , really , really mean adult and so here is my review of the X rated Once Upon A Girl.

The loose premise of this film is that Mother Goose is being held of trial for telling the real version of some fairy tales and at the behest of the court she proceeds to tell them to the members of the court. Yeah there isn't really a plot to this film and given what the animated segments of this film include that's perhaps a good thing because for some reason the segments with Mother Goose are done in live action but as a premise goes it's not that bad.


I'm honestly not sure what images I can post and so to play it safe i'm not going to post anything from the animated portions and so the only images from the film will be from the live action parts if I can find the images. On to the acting starring in this film is Scooby-Doo and voice acting legend Frank Welker as Jack / Fairy Godmother and the Prince , Hal Smith - Mother Goose and Richmond Johnson , Carol Piacente and Kelly Gordon all in undisclosed roles.

I'll admit given that Frank Welker is in this film I knew that there was going to be at least one decent actor in this film. I wasn't however expecting alot of the acting to be decent given what goes on in the film I was expecting the acting to be really bad at it's worst or just average at it's best but you can really tell that all of the actors in both the live action and the animated segments are really trying their best.


Now i'm going to tell you right now Disney didn't work on this film but there is a reason why i've posted this picture which i'll get into soon. The animation for the film was done by Take One and for a film made squarely for adults the animation isn't that good with alot of shots repeating themselves right after we've just seen it bit given who some of these animators worked for i'm honestly not that surprised.

What might shock you is that alot of animators on this film had previously worked for Disney and Hanna-Barbera. Which is honestly why i'm not shocked that there's a lot of repeated animations because both companies were known for doing just that but it's both weird and kind of funny seeing these animators go from something family friendly like 101 Dalmatians to something that's made purely for adults.


I've just seen at least one image I might be able to get away with using but i'm not one hundred percent sure on it so i'll upload a safer image as well. When I say that this film is for adults I really mean like picture the film Fritz The Cat but with alot more "mature moments shall we say" let me put it like this you don't want to see this film with any parents or grandparents and chances are it's on some "mature" websites if you get what i'm putting down.

I'm not going to lie I only found out about this film thanks to Youtuber SaberSpark and even if was having the exact same issues that i'm currently having. Due to the fact that you can't really say anything about this film due to it's content and as you can see i've so far only been able to use one image from the actual film and the poster so if you know anyone who's thinking of reviewing this movie tell them not to do it because they'll be in for a hard time.



Now i've uploaded two images here so if you guys don't think the first one if safe just let me know and i'll take it down ASAP. What I did find shocking was the fact that one of the crew members Mark McClure played the guitar for this film and if your wondering why i'm shocked about that is because if you Mark with a C instead of K you get the actor who playing Jimmy in the Christopher Reeve Superman movies and I actually mistook Mark for Marc I actually had to look it up on IMDB to see if they were the same person even I knew it was spelt differently I still had to check to make sure.


This film was pretty much made to cash in on the in my opinion far better X rated animated movie Fritz The Cat. Except where as Fritz had a ton of political undertones to balance out the more mature moments in this movie there's none of that so it's more of a childish type of adult movie if that makes any kind of sense and while that does indeed work for this movie it would have made the adult moments even better if there was more meat to the film.


Overall it's really hard for me to judge this film because it's so strange and weird I would say it's worth watching just to see how adult it is and so the film gets a 4.5 out of 10 from me.








Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts