The Queen's Corgi Review


Animation fans i've reviewed alot of American made animated films and well i'm going to do something that I very rarely get the chance to do and that's review a British made animated film. This is a film that I only found out about a few weeks ago and I honestly wasn't expecting to see it this early and well since i'm British and this film is set in Britain I thought i'd watch and review it and so here is my review of The Queen's Corgi.

The plot of the movie is Rex is the Queen's favourite Dog and one night after embarrassing the queen finds himself lost in London and not long after in a Dog shelter and so Rex must find his way back home. Yeah this story is so freaking basic and simplistic you know where it's going pretty much from the very start but I will admit even tho this is a story we've seen a thousand times it's still a fun story to see played out.


Starring in the film is Jack Whitehall as Rex , Julie Walters as The Queen , Sheridan Smith as Wanda , Ray Winstone as Tyson , Matt Lucas as Charlie , Tom Courtenay as The Duke of Edinburgh , Anthony Skordi as Nelson , Colin McFarlane as Chief , Nina Wadia as Patmore , Sarah Hadland as Mitzy , Debra Stephenson as Melania Trump and Jon Culshaw as Donald Trump. As is to be expected the cast is mostly made up of famous British people and in all honesty the characters are cast pretty good.

I will say tho that if you hate Jack Whitehall then you won't like this movie since he's playing the lead role and thus has alot of screen time. In terms of what I thought about the acting for a kids film it's not that bad but it could have been much better even actors that you expect a great performance from somehow don't manage to turn one in in this film and i'm not sure why that's the case since there are alot of great actors in this film.


Now I can't for the life of me find out who did the animation for the film and perhaps that's for the best because like everything else so far it's at best average. It's not bad quality animation but it could have been so much better it honestly feels like the animation team just put in the bare minimum and it honestly really does show. I have no idea what the budget was for this film since I couldn't find it anywhere but it must have been high because the fur does look solid.

Just so I knew what I was getting myself in for this morning I watched the trailer for the movie and I knew what was going to happens and it played out almost exactly how I thought it would. What I wasn't expecting was for one of the characters to have started a dog fight club and as someone who loves dogs I found it quite disturbing because I don't want to see dogs hurting each other even if we don't see dogs fighting each other.


If you live in London , the UK or England then you'll know that we don't have the type of buses that's present in this film. That was one of the things that really did bug me because this film is a British / Belgium co-production so there's no excuse for getting this small fact wrong and there's a chance that they got somethings about Buckingham Palace wrong as well but it's been a few years since i've been there so I can't say for sure.

Incase you didn't know by now this is a kids film and the animation does indeed suit being a kids film since it's very high energy it still feels lacklustre. With this being a kids film there is obviously somethings that they couldn't get away with like the dog fight club and pretty much all violent scenes but they oddly do a possible r**e joke and it comes of as really out of place in this movie since everything else points to it being kid friendly. 


As you'd expect with a kids film there are a lot of jokes in the film and as you'd also expect from a kids film not all of the jokes are funny. In fact I actually can't remember any of the good jokes in this film I do know that there's a Rocky style training sequence which is pretty funny but that's all I can remember in terms of good jokes but for bad jokes it's got to be the possible r**e joke just because not only is it something you shouldn't joke about but it also feels out of place in a kids movie.


Oh yeah everyone's favourite president is in this movie and yes that was a joke by the way and it's the only time i'll ever bring up who I call the annoying orange. This story is kind of a lier revealed story and I hate those because it's a cheap way to get some drama into the film and I say it kind of is one those types of stories because the person telling the lie turns out to be the villain but it's still something that didn't need to be in the movie. 

There is pretty much little to know character development in this film what so ever the main character starts out with a huge ego and he ends the film with a slightly smaller but still pretty big huge ego. The love interest tho she doesn't get anything in terms of development or a personality she has the personality of a piece if paper with a touch shining threw it and since she's a main character that's not a good thing what so ever.


Overall this is an average film for everything that I liked about the film there was something that I hated about the film so it gets a 5 out of 10 from me.





Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts