How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Possible Spoilers Review


Animation fans I don't make it secret that I havn't seen every single film in the How To Train Your Dragon series heck i've not even seen every episode of the show. So this review is coming from someone who has next to no idea what how good this franchise may or may not be outside of seeing the first film but I know how much this franchise means to alot of people and so here is my review of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.

The plot of the movie is Hiccup , Toothless and the whole village have to escape from a Tyrant known as Grimmel and Toothless falls in love. I admit the plot of the movie is alot different from what I personally thought it would have been and that's a good thing since it means the movie is unpredictable. However I will say that this movie isn't made for me both it and it's story are more for fans of the franchise and of the characters and that's great at this point that's how it really should be and I do have an issue with the pacing because the film does feel alot longer then it actually is.


Starring in the film is Jay Baruchel as Hiccup , Cate Blanchett as Valka , Craig Ferguson as Gobber the Belch , America Ferrera as Astrid , Jonah Hill as Snotlout Jorgenson , Jon Snow as Eret , Justin Rupple and Kristen Wiig as Tuffnut and Ruffnut Thorston , Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Fishlegs Ingerman and F. Murray Abraham as Grimmel. In terms of what I thought of the acting it's actually pretty decent which I guess is to be expected since alot of these actors have been playing these characters since the first movie.

Like a lot of ongoing film franchises both animated and not there's always a certain point where they stop being made for the casual fan and more for fans of the franchise. For Harry Potter for me it was after the fifth film , for Star Wars it was after Return Of The Jedi and for the MCU i'd say it was after Age Of Ultron and the same is true here infact you could say that that point was after the second movie and that could make things confusing for non fans of the franchise but then i'd have to ask if your not a fan then unless your watching it for a review then why are you watching this movie.


As you guys now this film is by Dreamworks Animation under there deal with Universal and I have to say that the animation in this film is honestly jaw droppingly beautiful to look at. I know alot of people say that the second movie is really stunning in terms of it's animation but i've never seen that movie so I can't really make a fair comment but I can say that the animation in this film is so far the best i've seen all year and given that i've only seen one animated movie this year that's not hard to say.

Incase your wondering why this review is being posted now instead of after it's official American release date well that's because the film has technically been released. The film was released on January 3rd in Australia and has only just come up online so if your a crafty bugger such as myself you can go online right now and watch it but I wouldn't recommend doing that since the only copies out there are very blurry so you'd be best waiting until the American release of February 22nd.


For those in the loop this is the first film released by Dreamworks Animation under there deal with Universal Pictures. Which in short means that as well as having the same deal with Illumination Universal now has a fairly good hold when it comes to animated films there not on Disney or Warner Bros levels just yet but they are getting close heck i'd go as far to say that if they put a deal in place with another animation company then they could release an animated film every few months or so.

This film has had alot of date push backs over the years infact I believe it was meant to come out in 2016 then it got moved to 2017 , then to 2018 before finally being released this year. Heck it was getting so many release date changes that people were starting to wonder if the film was ever going to happen at all. Well now those people can rest at ease because it's here for you all to enjoy and I can say that it was worth the wait if your a fan that is.



Now I know your wondering why i've thrown up a spoiler warning well that's because I want to cover myself since there will be alot of people who wouldn't have seen this movie yet. As you guys might have known this is meant to the final film in the franchise and that does mean were going to be getting a sad ending and if your a fan of the franchise then chances are you'll cry but for me the only film to have that perfect ending is Toy Story 3 but unlike that film I hope that this one doesn't get another sequel.

I'm going to call it right now this film will remain popular with people no matter what other and hopefully better films come out over the coming year. I'm saying that because it was true with the second movie no matter what other movies came out people were always saying that How To Train Your Dragon 2 was better then all of them they were even saying that when people would bring up legit great animated films like Toy Story 3 for example.


This film does have all of the action that you'd come to expect from this franchise and I have to say that I thought that the action in he film was really done. It comes at just the right time and it does a good job of getting you excited. I honestly never felt bored during those scenes heck if anything I was looking forward to the next action scene and it helps that it's during those scenes that the animation really does look top notch at least in my humble opinion.


Overall this is a pretty decent end to the series but like i've said several times over now the film wasn't made for me so I think that fans of the franchise might feel differently towards the end of it then I did but with that said it is still a good movie so i';m giving an 8 out of 1 =0 but you fans might rate it higher and that's ok.












Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts