The Nutcracker and the Four Realms Review


Disney you make such great animated works it's just a shame that your live action work outside of marvel and Star Wars is mixed and when you start a review of like that then you can pretty much work out what I thought of the movie as a whole so here we go with my review of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms.

Now here I would normally list what the plot of the movie is and give you my general thoughts on it however the movie decided to help me out a little bit here and not provide the movie with a plot and in case you think i'm joking i'm not I watched all of the movie and I couldn't even see what the story of the film was so I therefor have to say that the film doesn't have a story and when your film has no story at all in losses it's reason for even being made.


Starring in the film is Keira "I won't let me kids see Cinderella" Knightley as Sugar Plum Fairy , Mackenzie Foy as Clara Stahlbaum , Eugenio Derbez as Hawthrone , Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Stahlbaum , Richard E. Grant as Shiver , Helen Mirren as Mother Ginger , Morgan Freeman as Drosselmeyer and Jayden Fowora-Knight as Captain Philip Hoffman. Ok what did the producers have on these great actors because they clearly have something on them if there starring in this terrible movie.

The acting as a whole isn't that bad but that's more because alot of the actors are really great at what they do not due to the script they were given or the direction they must have got on set in short the actors that you expect to deliver a great performance do just that but the one actor that surprised me was Mackenzie Foy mostly because I found out she was in those god awful Twilight films and in this film you see that she can act well.


In my opinion this is better live action Alice In Wonderland movie then the actual live action Alice In Wonderland because so much of what happens in this movie would have fitted in well with the world of Alice and because like the original Disney animated film there is a scene in this movie which is just pure madness which is what Alice In Wonderland always was a bunch of mad people being crazy and doing things that don't make sense not talking about Alice killing a dragon.

As I was writing this review I read a comment from David Ehrlich of IndieWire where he said that the London seen in this film is a cartoon and while I do see where he is coming from with that statement to me the London we are seeing is the nice and posh part of London not the gritty and dark part of the city.


One of the praises that the film has been getting is for it's effects and they are honestly one of the best things seen in the whole movie apart from the voice that Keira Knightley uses in the film but back the effects they do look like they belong in a fantasy world there's lots of cool looking effects in the movie but none of them mean nothing because we don't know what the story is nor do we care that much about the characters and that is a huge problem in my opinion.

If your going into this expecting it to be like The Nutcracker segment from Fantasia then be prepared to be disappointed if anything it's like how the live action Alice In Wonderland movie turned out because once again we have a heroine who is outcast for being different and finding solace in a fantasy world and has to stop a war i'm 99.9% sure that the screen writer of this movie just copied stuff from the Alice movie and turned it in to get a quick paycheck.


Visually the film doesn't fair that much better i'm afraid since both the fantasy world and the real world not only look similar but they also look really ugly they look the same because they both look like they belong in a cartoon and ugly because the cartoon they belong in isn't one made by Disney it's one made by one of those cheap animation companies that only release rip off films.


Overall this isn't that good of a movie and incase you couldn't tell I didn't like it much myself heck I don't even think fans of Fantasia will like this film so please Disney get better at making live action films this film gets a 3.5 out of 10 from me.






Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts