Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom SPOILER FREE Review


No your not misreading the title this really is a review of the new Jurassic World movie it's out here in the UK and boy oh boy do I have some things to say about this movie so let's not waste any time and get on with the review shall we.

The plot of the movie is when the island's dormant volcano begins roaring to life Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event. yeah that whole plot summery pretty much just covers the first freaking thirty or so minuets I have no idea what the actual story is because it's so thinly done that outside of those first thirty or so minuets the film might as well have ended.


Returning from the previous film is Chris Pratt as Owen and Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire and they are joined by Rafe Spall as Eli Mills , Daniella Pineda as Dr. Zia Rodriguez , James Cromwell as Sir Benjamin Lockwood , Toby Jones as Gunnar Eversol and newcomer Isabella Sermon as Maisie Lockwood. I want you all to know that i've only listed the actors who I felt contributed to this film in some way which is why i've not mentioned Jeff Goldblum while he is in the film he's not really in it for that long.

The acting in the film is honestly one of the film's strongest suits both Chris and Bryce do have great chemistry together and they both turn in pretty solid performances heck even the new cast do a pretty solid job in this film with my personal favorite being Toby Jones who I just love in anything so it's surprise that I liked his performance in this film.

I have to talk about the marketing for this film because without giving to much away in terms of plot the trailers and posters down right lied to us all I can't go into to much detail as to why that's the case but if you've seen the film you'll no why and I think it's a damn shame that they had to lie to us when telling the truth might have worked out better in there favor.


One thing that I noticed while watching this film is that it's basically a remake of The Lost World: Jurassic Park so if you've seen that movie you've pretty much seen this one as it plays out the exact same again I can't explain why it's basically a remake without giving away plot details so you'll just have to trust me on this on.


Now like the previous film this film uses both practical and CGI effects to help create the dinosaurs with the CGI coming from ILM and I have to say the CGI in this film is actually really good I know alot of people didn't like the CGI in Jurassic World but for me it was really good and the same can be said for this film as well.

Now like I said this film uses both practical effects and CGI effects and I honestly thought that the two blended together rather well I honestly couldn't tell which was practical and which was done in a computer out side of the obvious shots of course but for me not being able to tell which was which is a good thing since it shows how good the effects in the film truly are.


If you hated the indominus rex from the previous film then get ready to hate this film because they do something that your not going to like if you hated that creature but tho according to Colin Trevorrow there not going to be doing it in the third film which i'm glad because it really wasn't needed in this film I get why they did it in the first film but here it just wasn't needed or even wanted.


Overall this film isn't as good as the previous film but at the same time all of the praise that it is getting it truly does deserve and I kinda agree with the IMDB score for this movie so it gets a 6.5 out of 10 from me.






Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts