Blockers Review


Movie fans it is very rare that we get a comedy that is really funny and when I say funny I mean Hangover 1 funny yes this film is that good so let's get started with my review of Blockers.

I truly think that the poster for this film really sums up the plot of the film pretty well but for those that don't know the plot of the movie is a group of friends plan to loose their virginity on prom night. Now I know what your thinking that that sounds like the plot of American Pie but it's not and unlike that film this features women trying to loose their virginity instead of men and I have to say the story is well told and well paced.


The starring in this film are Leslie Mann , Ike Barinholtz , Former World Champion John Cena , Kathryn Newton , Geraldine Viswanathan and Gideon Adlon who is the daughter of actress Pamela Adlon. This film got alot of praise for it's performances and I have to say rightfully so because the acting in this film is really topnotch and not just from the adult actors but also from the kid actors and it's very rare that I get to say that.

I will say that if you've seen the first American Pie movie then you've basically seen this movie because it plays out the exact same way except without the adults but tho with that said I really did enjoy the movie which is more then I can say for Rampage (no review because it was boring) and I honestly felt like the movie was the right length for this story.


Yes this is a teen sex comedy but unlike pretty much all of the other teen sex comedies out there this one is actually pretty entertaining there wasn't a single moment in this film where I was thinking "what's going on ?" so you can very easily follow what's going on.

I touched on this briefly but the main teens in this film aren't boys there girls and for me that's really refreshing because I cannot think of a single teen comedy that has girls be the main characters they will have girls in them but there basically there to be eye candy and nothing more but in this film they are the main focus and to me all three main girls are interesting characters.


As well as having actually interesting teen characters the parents also have legit reasons for going after their daughters and again this isn't seen in teen comedies the parents are just their to be background characters and that's really it so it's good to see this film break that mold and make the parents interesting and there reasons for going after their daughters are all things that most parents can relate to.


I've already mentioned that this film is funny but I have to say it again because it's really freaking funny and instead of filling the film with nothing more then sex jokes the jokes in this film are actually smart and well written and it helps that they also have funny actors to help make the jokes work even more but even without this cast in this place the jokes still would have been funny and they still would have had people laughing;


Overall this is a really funny film and I highly recommend you check it out as soon freaking possible because you will not regret it and the film gets a 9.5 out of 10 from me.







Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts