Batman Ninja Review


Well then anime fans there's a new anime film on Digital Release and this one features the dark knight himself and since the film came put dubbed today this review is based on the dubbed version of the movie so here is my review of Batman Ninja.

The plot of the movie is Batman and several of his villains and alleys or transported back in time to Feudal Japan and there Batman has to stop the villains from taking over Japan and changing history. Yes this movie is a bonkers as i've made it out to be and trust me it gets pretty freaking bonkers but my problem with this story is it's not really worthy of a feature length movie this could and should have been a four or five episode OVA series.


The english speaking cast include Roger Craig Smith as Batman , Tony Hale as The Joker , Grey Griffin as Catwoman and Tara Strong as both Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy. Yes there are more people in this but if I listed them all i'd never get this review done with but in terms of the actors mentioned I hated Tony Hale as The Joker to me he was playing the character to sane and that's not who The Joker is at all if you want to play him right you have to really go for it and he didn't the rest of the cast did a fine job so no complaints.

Here is something I found myself asking all throughout the movie "why is this happening" and I was asking myself that question alot during the ending i'm not going to spoil why but if you've ever spoken to anyone who doesn't like anime about anime then chances are they have brought up what happens in third act of this movie and it's just freaking stupid there's no other word for it.


Now i'm one of those people who not only remembers Batman: Gotham Knight but also owns the DVD and so when I heard that the dark knight was getting another anime film I was really excited and I found out it had the same character designer from Afro Samurai and I got more interested and then I found out who was in the dub and I was sold but I have to ask why didn't they just make it like they did Gotham Knight that sort of set up works.

The animation for this film was done by Kamikaze Douga who have recently finished work on Pop Team Epic as well as having worked on the Amanatsu OVA and the Gatcherman Crowds series and I have to say that the animation in this film for me was a mixed bag sometimes it looked really good but other times the CGI looked really bad which is a shame because most of this movie is CGI.

I think that the mixed bag animation comes from the fact that the director of this film has only ever made one other film called Kouchuu Ouja Mushiking Super Battle Movie: Yami no Kaizou Kouchuu and that movie came out over ten years ago he's not even directed episodes from a TV series he's more of a technical guy.


There's way to many Robin's in this movie there's Robin who in this film is Damian Wayne , there's Red Robin , there's Red Hood (technically he's a Robin) and then there's Nightwing couldn't the film makers just pick one single freaking Robin or at least make the designs standout so you know which is which because seriously I couldn't tell who was who because they all look the same.

Like I said before this would have been better as a four or five episode OVA series and as well as serving the story better it would have helped the villains more there not bad in this movie but I felt if they had more time devoted to them it would have helped make them more but instead we get one movie and the movie jumps around so they don't really set up for the main villain is.


I really can't talk about the third act that much because of something stupid that happens which is also a huge spoiler but I can say that the action seen in the third act is pretty freaking impressive and you could say the same throughout the whole film you get to see the best of both the heroes and the villains during those scenes and it was something that I really liked.


Overall this movie isn't as good as Gotham Knight nor is it as good as the trailer made it out to be but it can be pretty entertaining you just have to sit through alot of bad to get to it this movie gets a 6 out of 10 from me. 







Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts