Ready Player One Review


Movie fans there is a great new film out and I have to say that i'm very excited to be bringing you this review as it's a review I was looking forward to seeing so here is my review of Ready Player One.

The plot of this movie is when the creator of a virtual reality world called the OASIS dies he releases a video in which he challenges all OASIS users to find his Easter Egg which will give the finder his fortune. There's alot more going on then what's in this summery and i do have to say that i found the story to be not only very engaging but also very entertaining I cannot recall being bored at all throughout this movie and that for me is a huge plus.


Starring in this movie are Tye Sheridan , Olivia Cooke , Ben Mendelsohn , Lena Waithe , T.J. Miller and Simon Pegg. This is a Spielberg movie so you know the acting is going to be great and it's true for this film the acting from everyone involved even those I havn't mentioned is truly great and I can see all of the actors having a great future in acting.

One of the questions I have about the film and I want anyone who was involved with the making of the film if there reading this to answer I want to know how in the heck were the scenes in the Oasis filmed? All of characters look digital but did they use motion capture or was some other tactic used i'm only asking this question because that's what I was asking myself while watching the film.


Now here is where it gets harder for me to review the film because i'm not sure what's considered a spoiler but I think it's safe to say that the true star of the film was easily the pop culture references i'm not sure what i can say here but I will say that if you love 80's and 90's and some early 2000's cinema along with one or two legends then you'll be smiling from ear to ear and if your a nerd like moi then that smile will get even bigger.


The effects for this film were done by the geniuses at ILM and once again they knocked it out of the park everytime I see a movie with CGI alot of the time it is very noticeable but with these guys outside of the Star Wars films I had no idea what was CGI in this film apart from the player's avatar's and a few other things that you couldn't do in real life.

It's not all good stuff tho as while I wasn't bored while watching the film I did feel that the pacing near the end could have been better I was honestly waiting for the movie to end so I could let it all sink in but the movie just didn't want to end.


I want you all to know that i've not read the book so I have no idea how faithful the film is to it but after quickly glancing at it's Wikipedia page I do have to say that apart from one or two omissions the film does seem to fairly faithful but if you've read the book and you think it's not please feel free to try and tell me which will be hard as i'm currently surrounded by a crack team of ninja's you just can't see them.


Shockingly for a Spielberg film the score wasn't done by John Williams but by Alan Silvestri and I have to say that while I did enjoy his score I felt that it was overpowered by the freaking amazing soundtrack and i'm glad that they are releasing the soundtrack for the film but tho I have to admit that I laughed hard when they played some of the Back To The Future music.


Overall this is the best video game movie ever made period and yes I do consider this a video game movie and it's a fun filled ride that will keep you entertained it gets a 8.5 out of 10 from moi.







Comments

  1. This movie seems almost designed for Bluray players in mind as the pause feature will be great aid in further viewings so you can hunt for all those hidden references.
    yidio
    m4ufree
    zmovies
    watch32

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts