DC League Of Super-Pets Film SPOILER FREE Film Review

 


Comic book fans I have to wonder who was seriously asking for a full length feature animated film about the pets of some of DC's greatest superheroes. Since somebody quite clearly thought that this film was indeed a good idea but it's not one that people where clamoring to see and so then join me as I give you my spoiler free review of the film that didn't really need to exist with the film in question being called simply just "DC League Of Super-Pets" enjoy.

The plot of this film is after the entire Justice League is kidnapped is up to Krypto and some animal shelter pets to stop an evil guinea pig from taking over the world. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was very average at best since this films plot just felt like a complete and total by the numbers comic book movie plot to me in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is producer Dwayne Johnson as Krypto / Bark Kent / Superdog and Kevin Hart as Ace / Bat-Hound. Also starring in this film is Kate McKinnon as Lulu , John Krasinski as Clark Kent / Kal-El / Superman , Vanessa Bayer as PB , Natasha Lyonne as Merton McSnurtle / Terrific Whatzit , Diego Luna as Chip , Thomas Middleditch as Keith , Ben Schwartz as Mark , Marc Maron as Lex Luthor , Olivia Wilde as Lois Lane , Jameela Jamil as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman , Jemaine Clement as Arthur Curry / Aquaman , John Early as Barry Allen / The Flash , Daveed Diggs as Victor Stone / Cyborg , Dascha Polanco as Jessica Cruz / Green Lantern and Keanu Reeves as Bruce Wayne / Batman.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With this film being very well cast and this films cast doing the best that they can do to make this films script work however this film doesn't give this films cast an awful lot to work with in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Doing the animation for this film is the legends and the greats that are currently over freaking at Animal Logic. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual animation that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad with this films animation being the highlight of the film for me personally in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


What I really didn't like about this film is the fact that they made Krypto the main character so much so that in many countries the film even has his name in the title. This is a shame because it comes at the expense of all of the other Super Pets characters which should never be the case since this should have been more of ensemble film and not have just one main character in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

This film is all about friendship doesn't really work well enough in this films favour since literally every single kids animated film that's been released this year has been all about friendship. However to this films credit seeing this theme playout with superheroes instead of normal people does make this film stand out quite a bit and this film does handle this theme rather well in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


To me this film just feels like a stereotypical comic book movie since it does nothing that's all that new and all that exciting. Which is a shame because Teen Titans Go To The Movies is great example of how to do an animated kids comic book movie since it does something new and is an actually funny film where as this film is trying to be every single animated kids film all rolled up into one but it doesn't understand what made those animated kids films good in the first place in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had an exact grand total running time of exactly one hour and thirty six minuets and twenty two seconds. Which is such a short running time for this film to have since it has so many characters to set up and a whole world to set up and it can't do that and tell a semi decent story in such a short amount of time and as such I really do feel that this film should have at the very least have been two hours long in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


So now then since this is an action film that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really good. Which was shocking to me since I really did think that there was no way in heck that they could get some good action scenes out of animals and yet they went ahead and did just that in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall try as I might I can't really say that this is the worst comic book movie ever made heck it's not even the worst DC Comics movie ever made it's just a very middle of the road movie and nothing more then that in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now then since i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official DC Movies fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / particular / exact film being Google Images since alot of the images that are from this film and that are currently still indeed up on Google Images are all fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.













Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts