Batman 1989 Film Review

 


Batman fans sine there is a new live action solo Batman movie currently killing it at the box office I thought that it was about time that I take a look at another classic live action Batman film. With this film helping in bringing back Batman to his much more darker roots and so then join as I review the film that is quite possibly the greatest ever live Batman movie ever made with the film in question being called simply just "Batman" enjoy.

The plot of this film is Batman has to content with a mobster going by the name of The Joker whom wants to cause chaos across Gotham City. Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that'd actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With this films main plotline holding almost forty years later in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Jack Nicholson as Jack Napier / The Joker and Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne / Batman. Also starring in this film is Kim Basinger as Vicki Vale , Robert Wuhl as Alexander Knox , Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon , Billy Dee Williams as Harvey Dent , Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth , Jack Palance as Carl Grissom , Jerry Hall as Alicia Hunt and Tracey Walter as Bob The Goon.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty really freaking good. With every single actor and actress really killing it in this film performance wise in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



This film does make one major change to the Batman mythology and it's a change that really does work well enough for this film. That change is of course the fact that The Joker is the one whom kills Bruce Wayne's parents in this film and that is a change that I in all honesty really do think works because it shows that these two characters were always destined to face of against each other at some point in their lives in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then there is a reason as to why i've included a picture of Harley Quinn here and that's because i really do think that the character of Alicia Hunt is a prototype to Harley Quinn. Think about it it all adds up since everything barring there profession and there ultimate fate is exactly same heck they both even love there respective version of The Joker so it all of these things combined really cannot be a coincidence in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

I do very much admit that there are some issues to be found with this film for example The Joker himself overtakes every single scene he's in even when he's a scene with Batman the main character of this movie. Another issue that I personally had with this film is very minor one and that's the fact that the copy I have of this film looks like that it was ripped of off a VHS tape recording of this film since it was a very grainy copy which given that I bought this film in the early to mid two thousands does make sense but it is still a knock against this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


This film is one of the now many films that proves that if you treat the comic book source material seriously then you will get a good movie out of it. This is something that very sadly Hollywood is still refusing to learn since even tho there's quite alot of comic book movies out there that treat there source material with respect then you will get a good movie out of it sadly tho we are still getting movies like Bloodshot and Hellboy 2019 both of which have very little to no respect for there respective source material and as such both of those movies are some pretty bad movies in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

So now then while I cannot for the live of me remember whatever this films exact grand total running time was I do know for a fact that this film had a running time of roughly two hours and one minute. Which if so is a tad bit on the short side for this film simply because you very easily could have gotten this film to well over two hours simply be expanding upon the already pretty weak mystery element of this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then since this film is an action film after all that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that freaking bad. However that is also the issue with the film because of the fact that there is so little action in this film and so then it hurts all the more when we do get some really good action in this film simply because it serves as a reminder as to what we could be getting instead in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall this film still is and still always will be the best live action film adaptation of the Batman characters for me personally since it's the only live action Batman films that comes close to getting all of these characters down perfectly for freaking me personally in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that then therefor means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly an 8.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / exact film being Google Images simply because most if not all of the images that I found and that are currently up on Google Images are all freaking rather shockingly high in freaking quality and as well as freaking being shockingly freaking high in freaking definition. 
















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts