Batman 1966 Film Review

 


Batman fans the character of Batman has been around the late thirties and as such there are bound to be some films made featuring Batman as a main character. Well then I thought that i'd review the film that started it it all and so join me as I review that is actually the very first Batman film to be produced in colour and is of course based of the TV series of the exact same name with the film itself being called simply just "Batman" enjoy.

The plot of this film is the fearsome foursome of The Penguin , The Riddler , The Joker and The Catwoman launch a scheme to take over the entire world and so then it's up to our dynamic duo to put a stop to there little scheme before it's far to late. Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual plot that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty as wonderfully over the top as you'd both expect and want from a sixties Batman adventure in my freaking personal opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is of course the late and the most certainly great Adam West as Bruce Wayne / Batman and Burt Ward as Dick Grayson / Robin. Also starring in this film is Lee Meriwether as The Catwoman , Cesar Romero as The Joke , Burgess Meredith as The Penguin , Frank Gorshin as The Riddler , Alan Napier as Alfred , Neil Hamilton as Commissioner Gordon , Stafford Repp as Chief O'Hara , Madge Blake as Aunt Harriet , Reginald Denny as Commodore Schmidlapp and Milton Frome as Vice Admiral Fangschleister.

Now then interms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that bad. With every single of this films many cast members knowing what kind of film that they are in and are giving a performance that you kind of expect from a film like this film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.



Now then this film is of course being based of off the classic nineteen sixties Batman TV series of the exact same name. As such this film shares the exact same tone as that show which for me at least is a very good thing since it would be totally weird for a movie version of still on going TV show to have completely different tone to the TV show that's being adapted from in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Rather rightfully this film uses for of the shows best villains which works because it makes the film feel a lot more bigger then just the bog standard episode of the TV show. Since to see four of the shows villains all teaming up together it means that Batman and Robin now have to outwit and defeat all of the best villains which only adds to the excitement of this very film in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

So now then what really doesn't work at least for me personally is just how easily Bruce Wayne falls for somebody that The Catwoman is pretending to be. This is simply because Bruce Wayne would be able to work out that it's Catwoman is disguise but because of the fact that he doesn't do that here it only makes him look dumb which is something that Bruce Wayne never freaking is in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Another thing that really doesn't work for me personally is the fact that this film basically feels like an extended episode of the TV show. Which is to be expected since for this shows first two seasons each storyline would last for two episodes and so then extending this show into a feature film format would also mean that the storyline was always going to feel like nothing more then just an extended episode of the TV show in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.

Now then while I cannot for the absolutely life of me remember whatever this films exact grand total running time was I do know for a fact that this films films grand total exact running time would roughly around one hour and forty minuets in length. Which for me at least wasn't that long of a running time simply because I was having just such a good time both laughing with this film and at times laughing at this film that I wished that I could have gone for longer but to do so would mean that alot of this films issues would ultimately hurt the film alot more then what they already do in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Now then since this film is meant to be an action film after all that means that I actually have to talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty not that freaking bad. However the issue is that's also not that very good either which is a shame because the action is pretty creative but there's only so many times where you can see just to guys punching each other before it starts to get boring and tiresome in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


Overall the best word that I can use to describe this film is fun because that's what this film in every single way possible and because of that I really do feel that this is the best film to introduce kids to the world of Batman since it is so kid friendly and sweet that it might as well as be a Disney movie in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such that means that this very film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 6.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from Wikipedia , IMP Awards . Com and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images from this very / exact film being IMP Awards simply because most of the images that I found and that are currently up on IMP Awards are all shockingly high in freaking quality and as well as freaking being shockingly high in freaking definition.


















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts