Harper Valley P.T.A Film Review

 


Film fans it's that very common that we get to see a film that's based off of a song infact it's shockingly more common just to see a film that uses the title of a song and nothing more then that. However that doesn't mean that there aren't films that aren't actually direct and possibly even straight forward adaptations of popular songs out there and so join me as I review the film that is an actual adaptation of a popular song with the film in question being called simply just "Harper Valley P.T.A" enjoy.

The plot of this film is a carefree mother runs for head of her local P.T.A when the P.T.A threatens to expel her daughter from the towns local school. Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual plot of this film in all honesty I in all honesty and personally thought / felt that the actual plot of this very film was really freaking weak at best which given that this films plotline is based on that of the song is something to be expected but it's still an issue that plagues this film in my opinions anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is Barbara Eden as Stella Johnson , Ronny Cox as Willis "Will" Newton and Nanette Fabray as Alice Finley. Also starring in this film is Louis Nye as Kirby Baker , John Fiedler as Bobby Taylor , Ron Masak as Herbie Maddox , Clint Howard as Corley , Susan Swift as Dee Johnson , Pat Paulsen as Otis Harper , Amzie Strickland as Shirley Thompson , Louise Foley as Mavis , Brian Cook as Carlyle , Molly Dodd as Olive Glover , Audrey Christie as Flora Simpson-Reilly and Bob Hastings as Skeeter Duggan.

Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film well then in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was was at best OK. Which was something that I personally thought would be the case considering that not many of this films cast are that well known an actor or actress but it's still an issue with this film tho in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Now then for those of you that don't this film is an adaptation of the song of the same name by country turned gospel singer Jeannie C. Riley. Now then as far as I can tell this song is pretty much just adapted in the films opening few minuets with the rest of the films plot being something that's unique and original which in all honesty isn't a bad way to adapt this song since this really that long of a song and the song isn't that heavy on plot or evens tory either in my opinions anyways / at least. 


Now then this film was actually a very modest hit since this film turned twenty five million American dollars against a budget of one million American dollars. This was apparently enough to convince NBC to turn this film into a sitcom which is what they did in 1981 but the show / series only lasted two series / two seasons tho which given how thin the main storyline of this film is anyways this show was lucky to last one whole series / one whole season in my opinions anyways / at least.

So now then one of the main things that I very freaking strongly feel is holding this film back is it's age rating. Since this film was rated PG and while they do get away with alot of stuff that only appear in an R rated movie i really do feel that this film should have been an Rated movie since then this film would be able to go as far as it wants with it's stories and ideas and not be held back a PG rating in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then even this film was a hit and even tho the song that this film was adapted from / based of off was both hit and got a sequel song. This film never got a sequel film this might be because the TV series is meant to be a sequel to the film but you'd think that with a hit film on there hands that the producers of this film would be rushing to make a sequel to this very freaking film in order to strike when the iron is piping hot but nope they didn't and I can kind of see why since apart from this film wrapping up the story in a nice big bow not all films should get a sequel since some films should be just one of films and that's in all honesty a really good thing since it allows for there to be alot more creativity in freaking Hollywood in my freaking opinion anyways / at least.

So now then this film has / had a grand total running time of exactly one hour and forty one minuets and forty three seconds and well in all honesty I in all honesty think that this films running time is a tad bit on the long side. Since the films very freaking thinly drawn out storyline aside this film also has some very boring and some very freaking one note characters all of which add up to making this film feel alot boring and as well as feeling alot more longer then what it actually is in my freaking opinions anyways / at least.


So now then this film is meant to be a comedy film after all which means that I have to talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was at best OK. Since even tho actress Barbara Eden is indeed actually freaking trying to make the jokes that this film actually t be actually funny even she can't make alot of this films attempts at being funny actually freaking funny in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. 


Overall while I am indeed glad that I can now freaking finally tick this film of off my every growing and indeed my seemingly never freaking ending list of of both films and TV shows to watch it's sadly not a film that I can see myself freaking coming back to watching anytime soon since yeah this film is just about average at freaking best and nothing freaking more then that in my freaking opinions anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very freaking film in this very freaking review and as such that means that this film erns itself a grand old score of exactly a 5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this vert review film Wikipedia , the official Marvel Cinematic Universe fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get images this film being Google Images this is because all of the images that I got and that currently up , featured and on Google Images are all fairly freaking high in quality and as well as being fairly freaking high in definition.















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts