Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi Film Review

 


Star Wars fans I felt like reviewing a classic Star Wars movie for you all today and well with The Skywalker Saga  currently lying dormant for the time being. It only made sense in my eyes that I take a look at the first final film in The Skywalker Saga and so join me as I review the film that is the final film in the original Star Wars film trilogy with the film in question being called simply just "Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi" enjoy.

The plot of this film is Luke , a rescued and a very much alive and well Han and Princess Leia and all of the members of the Rebel Alliance embark on one more final / last push to ultimately wipe the Empire out of existence for good. Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the plot of this film in all honesty I in all honesty thought / felt that the actual plot of this film was in all honesty really freaking good but at the same time it's not as good as this plotline perhaps could or perhaps should have been in my opinion anyways / at least.  


Starring in this film is Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker , Harrison Ford as Han Solo and Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia Organa. Also starring in this film is Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian , Anthony Daniels as C-3PO , Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca , Sebastian Shaw as Anakin Skywalker , Ian McDiarmid as The Emperor , Kenny Baker as R2-D2 and Paploo , Warwick Davis as Wicket , Alec Guinness as Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi , David Prowse as Darth Vader , James Earl Jones as The Voice Of Darth Vader and Frank Oz as Yoda.

Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film in all honesty I in all honesty thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was in all honesty rather freaking good. This is something which shouldn't come as a surprise to absolutely nobody since alot of this films actors and actresses are indeed some really good actors and actresses indeed and so it only makes sense that those exact same actors and actresses that are appearing in / starring in this very film would turn in some very good performances into this very film indeed in my opinion anyways / at least.



Doing the CGI and the model effects for this film are the greats legends that are currently over at Industrial Light & Magic. Now then in terms of what I personally thought / felt about the CGI and the model effects that are featured / presented to us in this very film in all honesty I in all honesty thought / felt that all of the CGI and the model effects that are featured / presented to us in this very were really freaking good which shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody since Industrial Light & Magic always do really good CGI and some really freaking model effects work in my opinion anyways / at least. 


Now then this film is for me at least the perfect example of a redemption arc that's done right and why is that well it's because it's done very subtly with things that you might not even pick up on. Take for example when Luke is talking to Darth Vader before they enter the Death Star if you really pay attention to what's being said near the end of that little scene Vader stops referring to Anakin Skywalker in the third person and starts to referring to himself as Anakin Skywalker is was a very nice and a very subtle way of telling us the audience that Darth Vader is still a very good guy in my opinion anyways / at least.

So now then I will for forever and a day state this but I in all honesty do infact feel that Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker infact ruined this whole Darth Vader redemption arc. This is simply due because / due to the fact that a huge portion of Darth Vader entire redemption arc revolved around the death of The Emperor and when you remove that key component to this wonderfully done  up arc then the entire thing just falls in on itself in my opinion anyways / at least.


So now then this is something that really did shock me when I checked my Blu-ray disc of this very film but over here in the UK this film is rated U which is the equivalent of a G rating in America / for you Americans. This film should at the very least have get a UK rating of PG since this film features quite of death and main characters do indeed get shot and we see a body get burned by one of this trilogies main heroes all of which should have earned this very film a UK rating of PG in my opinion anyways / at least.

So now then I cannot /do not / don't remember this films exact running time but i do know that this very film is at the very least two hours and fourteen minuets. Which in all honesty I felt that that was a bit a long time for this film to run since you very easily could have told this films exact same story with no cuts made to important / key scenes and you could have had this film come in at well under two hours since the only things you would need to cut down are the some scenes with the Ewoks and some scenes on the second Death Star and thats really it and none of those scenes are that important to this films actual plotline / storyline / plot / story in my freaking opinion anyways / at least.



Now then since this film is an action film after all that means that I have to actually talk about the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well in all honesty I in all honesty think / felt / felt that the actual action that's actually featured / presented to us in this film was in all honesty rather freaking good. Yes granted the action that's in this film isn't as good as the action in the other two films in this trilogy but at the same time it's also very creative and is also very freaking fun to see on screen in this very film / movie in my freaking opinion anyways / at least. 


Overall even tho this film is quite clearly the weakest film in the original Star Wars film trilogy it's still a rather fun and rather enjoyable film that knows exactly what it is and thus has alot of fun with being exactly what it is in my opinion anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this very film in this very review and as such this film earns / gets itself a grand old score of exactly a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official Star Wars fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally favourite website to use to get the images that are actually from this film and that I actually used in this very review being the official Star Wars fandom wiki page this is simply because all of the images that I actually got from are also currently featured / up and thus on the official Star Wars fandom wiki page and thus used in this very review and are thus from this very film are are actually fairly high in quality and as well as being fairly high definition.


















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts