Army Of Thieves Film SPOILER FREE!!!!!!!!!! Film Review

 


Army Of The Dead the long awaited prequel spin-off film has finally just arrived on Netflix possibly around the world. This was a film that I was super freaking looking forward to the second that I finished watching Army Of the Dead and so you all just know that I was going to both watch review this film the very first chance that I got and so here is my SPOILER FREE review of the film that is yes indeed a prequel to the film Army Of The Dead with the film in question being called simply just "Army Of Thieves" enjoy.

The plot of this is six years before the events of the film Army Of The Dead a younger Sebastian Schlencht-Wöhnert / Ludwig Dieter finds himself being recruited by a group of thieves to help them rob three impossible to crack safes. Now then in terms of what I in all honesty thought / felt about the plot of this very film I in all honesty thought / felt that the actual plot of this very film was very lacking since outside of what I just described to you there isn't really much in the way of terms plot in this very film in my opinion anyways / at least.


Starring in this film is this film's director and one of this films producers Matthias Schweighöfer as Sebastian Schlencht-Wöhnert / Ludwig Dieter and former Game Of Thrones and current Fast & The Furious franchise star Nathalie Emmanuel as Gwendoline Starr. Also starring in this film is Stuart Martin as Brad Cage , Guz Khan as Rolph , Ruby O. Fee as Korina Dominguez , Jonathan Cohen as Delacroix and Noémie Nakai as Beatrix.

Now then in terms of / as for what I personally thought / felt about the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film in all honesty I in all honesty personally thought / felt that the actual acting that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film was really freaking good. Which given that the cast list for this film includes that are mostly unknowns or are very little known the fact that the acting that's in this film was as good as it is was something that was a complete and total shock to me and it just goes to show you how good all of the actors and actresses that are appearing /starring in this film very film /movie are well and truly are in my opinion anyways / at least.



Doing the CGI for this film is Mammal Studios whose work can be seen in films like Free Guy and Black and whose work can also be seen in the Disney+ TV series special Muppets Haunted Mansion. Now then in terms of what I personally thought about the CGI effects that are featured / presented to us in this very film in all honesty I in all honesty thought / felt that the actual CGI effects that are actually featured / presented to us in this very film really good and were certainly alot better then what I thought that they would and the CGI effects were better then what they really had any freaking right to be in my freaking opinion anyways / at least.


So now then this film is a prequel film to the Army Of The Dead and as such this film does fall into the exact same pitfalls that all prequel films that use the exact same character and in this case fall into. Since we know that Sebastian Schlencht-Wöhnert / Ludwig Dieter is going to make it out of this film alive and well and OK since we've seen him be all three of those things in Army Of The Dead and so all tension is immediately lost because we already know the outcome and knowing this films main outcome only makes this film feel a bit well freaking boring in my opinion anyways / at least.

Now then not really helping matters / things is the fact that this film is also a romance film this really doesn't help this film out because if you've seen Army Of The Dead then you know how the romance in this film is going to end. Since / because yeah this films romance ends the exact same way that you think that it would would end and so that makes this films romance feel very freaking pointless and unneeded in my opinion anyways / at least. 


So now then with this film being set in the exact same universe as the film the Army Of The Dead one would think that this film would be a horror film and heck I wouldn't blame you if you thought that this film was a horror film at all because that's what I thought that this film would be. However to me shock and to my surprise this film isn't a horror film at all infact it's completely different genre of film that being a romantic heist comedy film and well I in all honesty thought that it was a wise and brave movie to switch genres for what is essentially the next film in your next big franchise and it's one / a change that in my opinion anyways / at least works really freaking well in this films freaking favour in my freaking opinion anyways / at least.

Now then this film has / had a grand total running time of exactly two hours and six minuets and fifty nine seconds so then let's just round that all up to two hours and seven minuets exactly then shall we. In all honesty I in all honesty really did think / feel that this films running time was bit on the long side for this film since plot wise there really isn't enough there in terms of plot to cover anything like this films total running time but there is enough there in terms of plot and or story to cover say two hours or anything less then two freaking hours in my freaking opinion anyways / at least.


Now then since this film is a comedy film after all that means that I have to actually talk about the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very film and well in all honesty I in all honesty thought / felt that the actual comedy that's actually featured / presented to us in this very was really freaking good. Since yeah alot of this films jokes not only landed and landed hard but that those exact same jokes also got a huge freaking laugh out of which is always a good sign when it coms to comedies / comedy films in my opinion anyways / at least.


Overall this film was a huge step down in quality compared to what the film the Army Of The Dead was which is a shame because this film had alot of potential to be a really great film but for some reason it just couldn't be that great of a film in my opinion anyways / at least. Now i've talked about all of the good and as well as all of the bad things that are in this film in this very review which means that this freaking film gets / earns itself a freaking grand old score of exactly a 7.5 out of 10 from me.

Now then as for where I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review well then boys and girls and as well as ladies and gentlemen I personally got all of the images that I personally used in this very review from the official Army Of The Dead fandom wiki page and Google Images. With my personally preferred website to use to get the images that I ultimately ended up using in this very review being the official Army Of The Dead fandom wiki page this is simply just due to the fact that all of the images that are currently up and on and featured / presented to us on the official Army Of The Dead fandom wiki page are all fairly high in quality and as well as being fairly high in definition.
















Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts