Big Hero 6 Film Review


Animation fans and Marvel fans i've not only seen but also reviewed alot of movies released by the studios both live action and animation and so I thought that i'd take a look at a film that not even i've seen. Yes guys you've read that right i've not seen this movie before now this is also movie that i've heard has a lot of fans so i'm going to let you all know right now that my opinion on the movie will differ from yours so here is my review of the film version of Big Hero 6.

The plot of the movie is after his brother is killed in a fire boy genius Hiro must band together with the friends of his brother to find out who stole his invention and what there goal is. I know that the way I summarised the movie makes the story sound really bad and it's honestly not a bad story but that was the best summery I could think of. Like I said story wise it's that bad of a story but I wish that the pacing was a bit slower.


Starring in the movie is Ryan Potter as Hiro , Scott Adsit as Baymax , Daniel Henney as Tadashi , T.J. Miller as Fred , Jamie Chung as Go Go , Damon Wayans Jr. as Wasabi , Genesis Rodriguez as Honey Lemon , James Cromwell as Robert Callaghan , Alan Tudyk as Alistair Krei and Maya Rudolph as Cass. Casting wise it's cast really well I can't picture any of the characters being voiced by someone else and that for me is a great thing to say.

As for what I thought about the actual acting it's not that bad in my opinion like I said I can't picture the characters played by someone else. I don't really think that this needs to be said but for me the best actor in this whole film is Scott Adsit as Baymax he manages to make a robot both charming and funny and that is something that is very hard to do when your playing a robot just due to the fact that they have no emotion.


The film was animated by Walt Disney Animation Studios and was the co-production between Marvel and Disney. In terms of what I thought of the animation it's honestly not that bad it's not the best that Walt Disney Animation Studios has produced since in my opinion that honour goes to Moana but it's a well animated film but in my opinion the animation could have been better but that's just me tho.

Now I did a little bit of research on the team and I found that in the comic books the team is based in Tokyo and not San Fransokyo. So that makes me wonder why they didn't just stick with the original setting since it would have looked great in animation and if anyone is going to say "well they wanted to make it appealing to American's" first of it's based of an American comic book and secondly if that is the case then why pick a Japanese team to adapt for a movie.


Incase you didn't know the team first debuted in the series Sunfire and Big Hero 6 which was first published in 1998. This wasn't meant to be the teams first appearance tho they were due to appear first in Alpha Flight issue seventeen but due to scheduling issues this three issue series first this wasn't the teams only appearance tho as in 2008 they would get a five issue series called Big Hero 6. Yes guys you've read that right this team only has two series well technically it;'s three since there's one based of the TV series but i'm only counting the first two made by Marvel since there the basis for the film.

Again after doing some research I found out that the characters presented in the movie aren't the same in the comic book well some of them are but the vast majority are different. Like for example in the comics Honey isn't chemistry enthusiast but rather a spy and is alot older then she is in the movie and looks alot different. As you can tell by the above picture Baymax also doesn't look like a lovable robot but rather a small version of the hulk.


This film does try to have some emotional moments the issue I have at least with one of them is that it would have been better if we were given more time to get now Hiro's brother since this a new storyline why not make his death occur at the end of the second act instead of having it occur at the start of the first. The second one tho with the death of Baymax is actually well done and out of the two is easily the better one but tho to me it wasn't really needed.

This film honestly has some truly funny moments I honestly lost count at how many times I found myself laughing during this movie. Alot of the jokes come from Baymax and i'm fine with that because he's so well acted and alot of what he does is funny it;s honestly really fresh to see someone other then a human get good jokes in a movie that features a robot I could honestly have watched a whole movie just with Baymax.


This is a superhero movie and that means that I have to talk about the action scenes in the movie and in all honesty the action wasn't that great it wasn't bad but it could have been better. I say that it could have been better because this was animated so they could have done anything and yet the film makers chose not to do anything creative with the action but that said the action scenes are still fun to see play out.


Overall in my opinion it's not as good as everyone has been saying it was but it is still a good movie and I hope that people respect my opinion on this movie. This movie is by no means perfect in my opinion there are better Disney movies and better Marvel movies but this was still a fun watch and so it gets an 8 out of 10 from me


    



Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts