Some My favorite Animated Films Of 2018


Animation fans we are so near the end of the year that we can now see 2019 in our sites and I have to say that while in terms of animation and animated films this year has been very hit and miss but next year looks to be very promising. So I thought i'd list of some of favorite animated films of the year and just so we are clear i'm going to be including some anime and some direct to DVD films as well so here we go.

I Want to Eat Your Pancreas


If this a film you havn't heard of don't worry until a few months ago I hadn't either but after watching the trailer for the film it became one that I wanted to watch and my god was it worth it. While this film isn't as moving as say Your Name and A Silent Voice it still has plenty of gut punches and it has some really great animation.


Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms


Anime films are usually really good especially the ones that aren't based on anything and this is prime example of that. It's a very touching film about a mother and her adapted son and how they grow apart over the years.

The Grinch


Guys and girls i'm not going to lie this film is only on here because it's a film that I can see little little kids liking. While the film does have alot going for it both in terms of animation and voice acting the jokes can be hit and miss and it does keep the message of both the original book and TV special which is something the live action didn't do.

Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay


This film is everything that the live action Suicide Squad should have been this film does a much better job of representing Suicide Squad then the live action movie. Part of that comes down to the fact that in this film the squad is aloud to act like there comic book counterparts and that makes the movie more fun to me.

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight


I had a choice here do I put The Death Of Superman or do I put this film and the only reason why Death Of Superman isn't on here is because it's technically not done telling it's story since part 2 is out next year. This film does take a fresh look at Batman by taking him out of the modern day and placing him in Victorian Era London and seeing how familiar characters look and act in that time period makes the film more interesting.

Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle


I've been a big fan of this trilogy since the first film came out and i'll admit that this film isn't the best one in the trilogy so far but it's always fun to see the big man in action and if your also a fan of this trilogy the final film is out on January 9th on Netflix.

Isle of Dogs


Honestly boys and girls this film is so good that when I was coming up with films I wanted for Christmas this one was top of the list it's that damn good. I'm not going to lie if you don't like dogs then this film might not be for you. This film is really well animated like way better then what it had any right to be and while I can see some of the character designs creeping people out if you can get past that then you'll find a fun story awaiting you.

Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero


Honestly i'm surprised that alot of people aren't talking about this film in my opinion it helps prove to other people that animation can be for adults and even tho it is about a dog joining the army. For me tho that's not an issue since it's based on a true story and sadly that means the real Stubby would have died by now.

Incredibles 2


Fourteen years that's how long it took for this sequel to happen and my god was it worth the wait. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't see the first film that much growing up but even I was excited to see this movie and i'm glad that I did it'd a fun that is perfect for the whole family.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse


Alot of people have been saying this is the best Spidy film ever made I don't agree with those statements since I prefer Spider-Man 2. However I will agree with them when they say that this is a fun and funny action packed film because it is and heck going into this film I had no expectations just because it was being made by Sony Animation but they really did surprise me with this film and it's one that I recommend you all to check out.

So there we go guys this were only some of my favorite films that came out this year so if your favorite film isn't featured then all you need to do is read the title.








Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts