Wreck-It Ralph Review


Disney fans i'll be the first to admit this but the film i'm about to review i've never ever seen I saw one of the first trailers but that was it but now with the sequel out this year I thought it was about time to sit down and see the first film and you no what i;m so glad I did so here is my review of Wreck-It Ralph.

The plot of this movie is a video game villain wants to be a hero and sets out to fulfill his dream but his quest brings havoc to the whole arcade where he lives. Honestly this plot summery hints at Ralph being the main character but in my eyes it's Vanellope who's the main character and i'll admit that the story is really freaking fun and it takes full advantage of it's video game setting my only issue is the plot is so thin at times it was hard to tell what the story was.


Starring in the film are John C. Reilly as Wreck-It Ralph , Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz , Jack McBrayer as Fix-It Felix Jr , Jane Lynch as Sergeant Tamora Jean Calhoun and Alan Tudyk as King Candy. The voice acting in the film is perhaps one of it's strongest elements because each of the actors in this film are so good that i know cannot picture anyone else playing those characters and I know alot of people get annoyed by Sarah Silverman but trust me when I tell you that she's honestly really good in this film.


The film was famous for it's video game character cameos and what I found out while doing research was that pretty much all of them are played by there current actors which means when you hear Sonic it's Roger Craig Smith who's been playing the character since 2010 to me that's a cool little detail and i'm glad that the film makers when that extra mile because they could have very easily have cast someone else but they knew his voice would be recognizable.


I don't think this needs saying but i'm going to say it anyway the animation for the film was done by Walt Disney Animation Studios (talk about stating the obvious) and it's the 52nd Disney animated film and i have to say that the animation in the film is truly breathtaking which considering it's freaking Disney is to be expected and the backgrounds to the various games are stunning to look at really bravo Disney bravo.

Again going back to the detail that the film makers added in I really liked the fact that the characters in Fix-It Felix Jr have very jerky movements which is what alot of characters from 80's video games had and i love the fact that all of the characters in Heroes Of Duty are very detailed almost to the point of looking human which again is a small detail but it's one that i'm glad the film makers added in.


There are things that I wish they'd added in the film like for example it would have been funny if all of the video characters were just actors playing a part and whatever arcade they are in is there version of Hollywood I know it doesn't make much sense and what they did in the film was a really cool idea but tho just picturing these characters as normal actors to me seems more funny.


Now i'll admit there was one scene in the trailer for the second which confused the heck out of me and it's the scene with the princesses questioning Vanellope and asking her how she became a princess it confused me because to my knowledge she wasn't one at all but thankfully this movie cleared it up and now that scene in the trailer makes total sense and I now want Dinsey to make her an official princess since she technically is one.

There was one thing that didn't make any sense to me which I normally wouldn't mind except it's a major plot point and that's the fact that Vanellope forgives Ralph way to fast he pretty much destroys her and she does forgives she should have made him earn her forgiveness.   


Overall while I only watched this film to understand what happens in the second one i'm so glad I saw this one because it really is funny even tho one of the jokes is just a play on the word duty which honestly wasn't that funny the film gets an 8 out of 10 from me.






Comments

Labels

Show more

Popular Posts